Toribash
Comodo Firewall...totally free, very secure, can see what ip all ports are transmitting to, has an AV built in. alerts you when progams make new directories (stopping trojans) so many great features.

AVG as a stand alone AV is very good.

So is common sense...don't download from stupid sites, limewire etc. don't accept files from people you don't trust etc.
I'm not sure if it's the best around but I use Avast and I'm satisfied with it.

Doesn't take up much space, excellent protection, doesn't shove a gigantic pop-up in your face asking for an update unlike others, it updates silently and informs you politely when it's done through a small window at the corner of your screen. and it's user-friendly.

Now I will go claim my paycheck from the makers of Avast, because I advertise so much.

EDIT: did I mention it's free?
Prelude for time feelers
Originally Posted by Guv_na View Post
NOD32 is an OK anti-virus, but Kaspersky is the absolute best. That's definitely the one you should acquire.
No virus can get past the godly defense that is Kaspersky Anti-Virus.

^ QFT

I'm running Kaspersky as well, picks up EVERYTHING and blocks it too. It's great.

Worth the munnehz
Co Leader of Hell-Razor
[RAWR]Cindermomo: YOUNG BLOOD IS A STUD MUFFIN
Kaspersky was always blacklisting my keys ( i was so bored to buy it)
Now i got an trial Version of Bit Defender Total security 2009
It seems hard and firewall is very annoying it pop-up an window every time i launch an application,And it detects an virus on my Cell phone Trojan.Autorun.ZG
I click Ok And it pop-ups again
Im looking for an tool to remove this crap
AVG....It will rock your socks!!!

Just click on this website here to find out more...xD...http://www.avg.com/

And If you don't want AVG....Go to this website...http://www.stopsign.com/
and yes the only reason i have two is because one can be outdated for a short amount of time and so the other one is running in place....and they both run at different times!!!
Last edited by izzy162; Oct 19, 2008 at 06:38 PM.
I HAVE THOUGHT OF A NUMBER OF THINGS TO PUT HERE, BUT SINCE I DON'T FEEL LIKE WRITING THOSE THINGS, I WILL KEEP THIS BLANK FOR NOW.
Originally Posted by izzy162 View Post
Go to this website...http://www.stopsign.com/

Stopsign? That one sure as hell ain't on my Christmas list. The corny, low budget commercial for this one completely turned me off.
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I use AVG. I have it set to scan daily, which causes some shitty performance during the scans, but it detects everything I get, should I happen to suck for five seconds and click the wrong clicker or something.

I will say I don't like the new interface though, it runs slow as hell and is very counter intuitive. Honestly I liked it better when the AV and anti-spy ware were separate programs. I have been thinking of switching, maybe I will try avast.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Well this thread can be closed now

I got an tool that searches kaspersky keys on the server and you can download them,i know its wrong but this is the only way to keep my pc safe
We got an bit tax problems now,so i cannot buy anything.
Comodo firewall (if you're paranoid turn defence+ on ;)) + Avira Antivir + Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Keeps your pc clean and if avira can't remove malwares then Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will remove them, very good software. No compatibility issues with other programs so far.

E: all three are free to use.