Endurance Onslaught 6.0
you know, it was a lot funner when I thought that something drastic would happen :/ thanks TB, what with your science and math and things.

EDIT: Yes, funner. Suck it xD
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Correction: Ruining the Earth's ecosystem. The worst we've done to the Earth itself is move a little bit of its surface around. I think the deepest we've gone into the surface is around 3 miles. The thing is 40,000 miles deep, so...

The Kola well is nearly 8 miles deep actually, but that doesn't even approach the depth of the crust.

Originally Posted by dbuhos View Post
Wait wait wait, I read somewhere that the whole body mass condensed without empty atoms/spaces would be as big as a salt cub, weighting 15 tons. 14/15 tons for every human in the world vs earth. What are the chances then ?

Wat.

Somehow by condensing something's mass, its weight changes?
How the fuck do you think reality works?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.

Originally Posted by dbuhos View Post
Wait wait wait, I read somewhere that the whole body mass condensed without empty atoms/spaces would be as big as a salt cub, weighting 15 tons. 14/15 tons for every human in the world vs earth. What are the chances then ?

ermm, if all your atoms were condensed so that there were no pockets in between, your body will be as small as a salt cube. a human sized.... thing with the same density as that cube would be around 20 tons (pid: help me out with the math here)
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
ermm, if all your atoms were condensed so that there were no pockets in between, your body will be as small as a salt cube. a human sized.... thing with the same density as that cube would be around 20 tons (pid: help me out with the math here)

If a human was condensed so that there were no spaces, the volume would be around 3.051*10^-16

A human sized object with the same properties would weigh around 2.271*10^14 kilograms
Originally Posted by avwave View Post

That's some confusing logic, and the numbers are dubious as well, but reasonably, if a person's mass were condensed to a certain size, and something of equal density as the condensed person, but with equal size as the uncondensed person, it would have a mass equal to the mass of the original person times the ratio of condensed:uncondensed volumes.

M1d1=v1
M1d2=v2
M2d2=v1
M2=v1/d2, d2=v2/M1
M2=M1v1/v2

Yay, proportionality constants.

Either way, an actual person weighing that makes no fucking sense.

Edit: btw, onamist, are you coming up with those numbers based on space between molecules being gone, space between atoms, electron cloud, nuclear collapse, baryon collapse (lol), or what?
Last edited by PlayerID666; May 25, 2010 at 10:59 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.

The answer..
If a flea were to jump off of a bowling ball in the far reaches of space, the force of its jump would surely accelerate the bowling ball in the opposite direction of the flea's acceleration. Although the acceleration is negligible, it is still a net force. Similarly, All of the earth's human population jumping in-sync would produce a miniscule acceleration.