Toribash
To render in wireframe you need to set the material to wireframe in the materials tab. I don't know how to render a wire + solid. I guess maybe set the "edge" settings in the render tab to a very high number will do it.
Looking awesome so far. I can't wait to see what other entries will be.

I'll try to get something done before the deadline, tho I don't promise anything.

Would a war-hammer be suitable for this? I'd like to model one.
Last edited by vladvlad; May 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
Proud member of [Pandora]
Ehhm need help for the blade How I make the fuller? tried sculpting but it's hard since I need to subdivide the sword and it gets very "fat" and Idk how to make it look like it was before but with the fuller So that's the question. (I already have the sword safe without the subdivide)
Originally Posted by vladvlad View Post
Looking awesome so far. I can't wait to see what other entries will be.

I'll try to get something done before the deadline, tho I don't promise anything.

Would a war-hammer be suitable for this? I'd like to model one.

if it's one-half-axe, then yes. It thould be sharp somewhere atleast

248 quads.
Will get to texturing in one or two days.

For those who need help with UVs in C4D:
http://vimeo.com/14332720
nice, quick guide.
DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Warning: Removal of the attached label is punishable by instant death.
Originally Posted by wiirus View Post

248 quads.
Will get to texturing in one or two days.

I think you could save a lot of polys here. Remove the helper edges on the hilt and blade, they don't add to the silhouette so you don't need them. Remove some of the extra topology from the pommel and grip, and make the points in the middle of the blade floating topology to save some more tris.

paintover

remodel

Last edited by Gorman; May 22, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
damn you gorman and your knowledge of 3d art!
i dont think ill try this, but im glad to see so many people being active

[offtopic] everyone (mainly gorman) lrn2irc#t3al [/offtopic]

Hey gorman nice stuff heres my entry sorry iam late

Decided to make Jecht's sword in 3D. behold his battle oar! XD what? it looks like a giant oar.

XD

anyways low poly. 874 polys.. alot of them are from the chain and hose darned circle cutout bits! anything circular adds polys.. too much polys

you can find me lurking in the 3d mega thread come see my art there
Last edited by Ruyzan; May 22, 2011 at 11:26 AM.
nice job

I think you could reduce a lot of polys by sharpening the edges and reducing the polys of the holes, or using alpha maps to fake it. And I think the decorations on the guard could be made in to floating topology to make it cleaner.
Thanks Gorman, will do.

Though, I don't understand what floating topology is. Is it the way you appended the spilkes to the blade?
DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Warning: Removal of the attached label is punishable by instant death.