Toribash
Original Post
Scale value on art.
Employ some people to rate arts like sets or heads.

Raison: Actually in Art/Texture you can see so much abuse about the quality of art.
if you see "Super amazing Hq set" you'll probably find something like

That

(generally overpriced)

Sure everyone got there own taste about art but if you want a Hq set detailed it would be nice to find it in 1 click.

So I purpose.
We create a scale in function of the type of texture (cartoon, robotic, anime etc...)

for example "A-B-C-D- etc..."

a same price for each category (A= 200k+/ B=100k+ etc...)

And the guy who rate arts purpose a title like:
"In function of your offer and the category of your art your title will be
"#C head-cartoon-cheap resolution-256x256""

For a better art
"In function of your offer and the category of your art your title will be
"#A Set-Robotic-High resolution-512x512""

I made this suggestion to avoid the chaos we actually got in art/texture.
Elle couuurt, Elle coooourt! LA MAAAAaaaAaladiiiie d'amOOoour! Dans le c... (cœur) des enfaaants! De 16 à 77 ans!
I don't think anything like putting other peoples art in classes or setting a price for them is right, but maybe things like [AMAZING SUPER HD SET!!] when its really a shitty c/p 1 texture thing, they should get infracted for miss leading title or something.

It really pisses me off that the art board is filled with shitty misleading titles.
Originally Posted by Astral View Post
What? are you really thinking that the price of set have to be state by the artist and not on his quality? wtf man? if a """great""" artist create a low quality set, when he will sell it, with my solution he can't cheat on the price, the quality is "poor" the mark will be "poor" so the price will be the same than a noob who make a "poor" quality set, it's fair, on the market you will get the title, the price and the mark you deserve.

I think that an artist can set whatever price he finds suitable for his work. If he thinks that a 5-minute sketch is worth 400k and he finds people willing to pay that much for it, there is absolutely no problem with that.
Having people "officially rating" textures will only result in shitstorms. We all have our own different opinions and generalizing art to put it into "classes" is the worst idea ever.

I honestly don't understand why this thread wasn't closed right after the first post because it doesn't even need comments. This suggestion has no future because it's nonsense.
Last edited by sir; Jan 22, 2015 at 09:56 PM.
Well, dialogue of the deaf... on this.
Elle couuurt, Elle coooourt! LA MAAAAaaaAaladiiiie d'amOOoour! Dans le c... (cœur) des enfaaants! De 16 à 77 ans!