Toribash
Originally Posted by Kristis133 View Post
I'm still a beginner at this game, but I think I got some pretty decent cards already.

Would anyone experienced would be so kind and help me with building at least a semi-decent deck from what I have?

I'll love you forever.
And ever.

You won't have a meta deck. What your decks will look like at the beginning of playing Hearthstone is trying to play as many on or above the curve cards as you can as close to a midrange deck curve as possible.

To understand the power curve, you need to know what is the baseline of the curve. This isn't set in stone, but the curve generally follows with 1 mana for 2/3 or 2 damage, 2 mana for 3/2, 2/3 (2/3 is slightly below curve), 3 mana for 3/4, 4 mana for 4/5, 5 mana and beyond starts having more variability because that's where the fun abilities start to happen.

Good basic neutral cards are bloodfen raptor/that weapon destroying slime, that minion that lets you put a +1/+1 on another creature when it enters play, chillwind yeti, and boulderfist ogre. Acceptable basic cards are Shieldmasta, and some of the battlecry cards like gnome inventor. Situational depending on the deck are some of the basic charge cards, namely wolfrider.

A midrange deck curve means most of your cards will be within the 3-5 mana range, and you'll start winning the game (process of winning, not actually win) by turn 4-8. You'll still have a decent number of 1-2 mana cards, and a few 6+ mana cards (namely boulderfist ogre and stormwind champion in early decks) but you'll generally have more than half of your cards in the 3-5 mana range, about a third to a quarter in the 1-2 mana range, and barely any to a quarter in the 6+ mana range.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I actually just built a decent deck. Went for Mech Mage. Jumped from 21 to 14.

So far, so good.
I think I managed to get a pretty damn good deck for a beggining, however, it'll be pain in the ass learning how to use it to perfection.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Mech mage is all about building up your board with cheap cost mechs and having spells to deal with bigger threats. It's sort of a middle ground between rushdown and midrange, and can really be classified in either direction depending on how you've structured the deck. Usually midrange doe imo.

Essentially, you're relying on mage's ridiculously good and cheap control spells to buy the time for you to build up a board. Mech mage decks tend to lose the longer the game goes on, as it means the opponent gained board control and is now preventing you from building your board. The game essentially hinges on how well you play mechwarper and/or annoyatron, since they're the two early minions that will essentially dictate how well you abuse your opponent without their interference, or how slow your opponent plays.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Mech mage is all about building up your board with cheap cost mechs and having spells to deal with bigger threats. It's sort of a middle ground between rushdown and midrange, and can really be classified in either direction depending on how you've structured the deck. Usually midrange doe imo.

Essentially, you're relying on mage's ridiculously good and cheap control spells to buy the time for you to build up a board. Mech mage decks tend to lose the longer the game goes on, as it means the opponent gained board control and is now preventing you from building your board. The game essentially hinges on how well you play mechwarper and/or annoyatron, since they're the two early minions that will essentially dictate how well you abuse your opponent without their interference, or how slow your opponent plays.

I'm relying on cheap, but strong early game. Getting those spell thingies from dying minions. Then using arcanidas to get shitons of fireballs and destroying late game. Tho there are still many weak spots in my deck and I can't think of a way to fix them. For example, I don't have clear. If my opponent goes for rush build(hunter for example), chances that I'll win are close to zero.
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
kristis what is your tag?

Krisits133

I fucking mispelled my name and noticed it only like two days ago... ;_;
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

gotta tell me that little number next to your name be4 i can add you, thats your tag.
Gah why did HeartStone have to have such a similar name i got all excited at first then realized it said Hearthstone. Is it any good?
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019
Originally Posted by Kristis133 View Post
I'm relying on cheap, but strong early game. Getting those spell thingies from dying minions. Then using arcanidas to get shitons of fireballs and destroying late game. Tho there are still many weak spots in my deck and I can't think of a way to fix them. For example, I don't have clear. If my opponent goes for rush build(hunter for example), chances that I'll win are close to zero.

Flamestrike. That or Blizzard should pretty much be your answer for board clear. Frost nova is an easier alternative as a delay tactic, but then you're starting to push towards freeze mage.

Typically, I'd say the only spells you'd need to run would be Flamestrike, Frost Bolt, Fireball, and Polymorph. You aren't a control mage, so drawing isn't really necessary, you just need to have a spell to take out a crucial minion at the right time, and while they might slow you down a little if you draw them when you don't need them, they're solid cards that can bail you out of a tough situation.

If you have Antonidas (I assume that's the legendary you meant), I'd say look into creating a Flamewaker mage. Great legendary for a deck that's essentially based around spell use.
Anyone still plays HS? Komzo#2859 would glad to see you playing. Trying to make some good descs bu like 1 month playing. Got only one legendary and some rare cards. Still up to 15 rank with classical descs.
Are you guys still playing Heartstone? I am trying to find a perfect deck to climb up to legend. Right now i'm grinding with mech mage in 11-15 EU.