Ranking
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Armbar: Nice progress Timmy you've definitely got the set up right now its just about perfecting the little details. I'd say that leg hook that goes around the head is the most important step and the most difficult because the leg has to make that big arc over uke's head and then cut back and snap down on it.
Once you get that hook you are have really 'locked' up the position + big damage bonus + that hip will provide leverage to break uke's arm provided that the arm is in the correct position. So definitely focus on perfecting that step.

Side Kick: monkeyishi i like your input. And yes i agree pulling guard or a direct turnover is a sneaky follow up to kicks. And leg kicks are another move i wanted to get into. I like leg kicks a lot because they're very low risk which a chance of high reward. Even if the kick provides no dm or frac the follow up transition is very smooth so its great to start a combination technique.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Armbar: Nice progress Timmy you've definitely got the set up right now its just about perfecting the little details. I'd say that leg hook that goes around the head is the most important step and the most difficult because the leg has to make that big arc over uke's head and then cut back and snap down on it.
Once you get that hook you are have really 'locked' up the position + big damage bonus + that hip will provide leverage to break uke's arm provided that the arm is in the correct position. So definitely focus on perfecting that step.

The thing is that if you are in a grab exchange, the armbars is harder to pull off. I have checked your replays and it seems that most players in there relax/hold all the first turn so you can have tbe grab on their tricep which allows for an easier armbar. But when the case is that my opponent claps (in aikido7), I will have a hand on hand grab which often causes trouble in the later stages of the armbar.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Guys, I've been messing around with uke for a bit with double/single leg takedowns. The single is sort of like a single leg suplex/rear throw(sambo). The double was just a regular takedown. I will probably get some replays from multiplayer soon.
Attached Files
Zwift - Single Practice 1.rpl (22.1 KB, 9 views)
Zwift - Double Practice 1.rpl (16.8 KB, 6 views)
(╭ರᴥ•́)
Originally Posted by Zwift View Post
Guys, I've been messing around with uke for a bit with double/single leg takedowns. The single is sort of like a single leg suplex/rear throw(sambo). The double was just a regular takedown. I will probably get some replays from multiplayer soon.

Would be cool if you could hook the legs with your hands around the knee area

i am a bird now - Lil B

[+] Frosted789: You've been accepted. Welcome to [TA].
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.