Ranking
Originally Posted by Karza View Post
but why make a thread specifically focussing on the Islamic state?

In recent events, they have become very problematic. You haven't heard of any Chrisitians, Jews, Buddhists or Hindus beheading journalists, or killing people from a satirical newspaper for depicting their prophets (as of recently), have you?

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
I understand that, but many murders and other kinds of killings have some kind of relation to a religion of some sort. For example, the odds that murders during the 1800's in Britain were christians, was around 95% or higher since it was compulsory to practice. The same kind of issue is in the Middle East, i'm confident in saying that Islam is compulsory practice. I guess the simplest thing to say is, that their logic is some years behind today's society.
DEMINI IS LIVE
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
Mary was a Jew, so it's unlikely that she wore that. Also, stop stealing my punchline.

I googled "Mary" with images, definitely wearing a Hijab and loose clothings as Muslims are supposed to do.
http://*******.com/ms5amc3

Hmmmm tiny url is blocked, just go and google-image "Mary" yourself.

Also, I like your punchline

Originally Posted by ynvaser
Holy shit dude, get your head out of your ass. They stone women for being unfaithful. No wait, they also stone women for going outside without a full-body towel, yet men can have harems n shit. How's that for equality?

I quite clearly said to PM, same goes to moonshake, or start a new thread.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
I googled "Mary" with images, definitely wearing a Hijab and loose clothings as Muslims are supposed to do.

Wait, yes, she's wearing a hijab. I had the picture of a burka in my head. My bad.

Still, she was Jewish.
Mary was wearing it for the same reason, it just happens to not be written in the scripture she followed.

The reason is obvious enough if you aren't so thick as to actually believe the reason to wear heavy, covering dark clothing in the desert is for the purpose of humility.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Mary was wearing it for the same reason, it just happens to not be written in the scripture she followed.

The reason is obvious enough if you aren't so thick as to actually believe the reason to wear heavy, covering dark clothing in the desert is for the purpose of humility.

It must have been written in the troll-website you lurk in.

You are a joke.
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
How about you two quit being assholes and start citing evidence for your claims?

What reason is there to wear dark, heavy clothes that cover most of your body in the desert? I very much doubt humility is the reason. I just don't see this discussion going anywhere, he's brainwashed to the point where he's denying logic.
Hoss.
Haiyooooooooo -.-

Chapter 24, 30-31

Quote:
"Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is aware of what they do. (30) And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed. (31)"

Let me quote from the bible too:

Corinthians 11:6

For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

Do you see the part where is says to hide from enemies?
Last edited by xlr84life; Jan 10, 2015 at 08:24 PM.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
What reason is there to wear dark, heavy clothes that cover most of your body in the desert? I very much doubt humility is the reason. I just don't see this discussion going anywhere, he's brainwashed to the point where he's denying logic.

Originally Posted by Protecting yourself from UV's 101
Assembling Your Wardrobe: Clothing to Protect Against the Sun

Here are some general rules for selecting clothes to keep out UV radiation:

Tight weaves are better than loose weaves (if you can see through it, UV can get through it).
Polyester is better than cotton.
Dark colors are better than light colors.
Dry clothing is better than wet clothing.
Choose outfits with long sleeves and long pant legs and collars to get as much protection as possible. Loose clothing can help you stay more cool, even when you are covered up.
Always wear a hat, because your face and head get so much sun exposure.
A hat made with a light colored material on the outside to reflect UV radiation and keep you cooler, and a darker lining on the brim to prevent UV radiation from reflecting on your face
A wide brim of at least three inches
No hats or clothing made of netting, mesh, or other loose weaves because they offer little or no UV protection
Obviously, dark, tightly woven polyester is not something you are likely to wear out in the hot sun. And if your clothing is so uncomfortable that you take it off, it doesn't matter how much protection it would have given you. There is clothing that may be more comfortable and that has been designed especially to protect you from the sun. Such clothing is made from fabrics that have been treated with chemical UV absorbers, known as colorless dyes, which prevent some penetration of both UVB and UVA rays. The clothes are also designed to cover as much of the skin as possible.

damn im gettin old