Ranking
Originally Posted by TheSecret View Post
also since im getting tired of this.

this is sad, because i was actually enjoying this conversation.
Since every newcomer on toribash will just push everyone and destroy everyone, and not even be preocupied with the safety of Uke, and since little number what this no contract thing turnover counter thing to work,

i belive that when you (i mean you) will hit 10 dan and get bored of constant ftw rush, stop giving a dam about tc, items, belts; and if you would not leave this game, you will find this way to play (which we trying to promote here) rather fun and entertaining. Lets say you got all tc you ever wanted and all items you desired, what's left here for you?
why dont you simply make you own mod, and then present it to the comunity ? its much more easyer, and i promise i would give it a try.

aikido7.tbm
spiritwrestling.tbm
sw4.tbm

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=302938

feel free to try

anyway, thats not about the mod. Once you try and succeded a throw you will get addicted to using it. And the only thing you will ever think about during match is to make one right, no matter what will be the match result.

feel free ty try, and if you would not like it, i will take my words back.
Last edited by snake; Feb 3, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
i see there are mods which alrdy fullfill your needs, why not just promote them and stop this evil crusade agaisnt BD?

this is sad, because i was actually enjoying this conversation.

it has to come to a conclusion sooner or later snake

i belive that when you (i mean you) will hit 10 dan and get bored of constant ftw rush, stop giving a dam about tc, items, belts; and if you would not leave this game, you will find this way to play (which we trying to promote here) rather fun and entertaining. Lets say you got all tc you ever wanted and all items you desired, what's left here for you?

i alrdy hited my boreing quota, i simply prefer to do MP dance,parkour,spars and skill replays, like headpass frisbee and shit that pleases my creative side, i do understand this "god damit so many nabs not playing like they shouldnt" , iīve passed tru this, i got my desired set, i dont care about belt really since i can farm it(ilegal, i dont do this), i got my achivements, and got my flames(just looking for the final RH radio flame to complete it, you dont happen to have one or know someone do u?), so i simply do skilled plays with ppl i find which desired to play in that way to.
And at the end of it when i start toribash and see me danceing or sparing with someone on the BG i like it.

I guess you should channel it differently like i did.
Trying to get a new tech going nothing wrong with it, although claps arenīt great imo, but thats MO, and you totally should do it so you can have some excitment on this game, thats why the endless mods mean endless fun.

per example the ligthningfigther.tbm (if im not wrong) provided me alot of retarded fun with my clan mates on skype, because the toris exploded in certain positions . but that was just us. and well this game is fun if u exploit it rigth
i see there are mods which alrdy fullfill your needs, why not just promote them and stop this evil crusade agaisnt BD?
And at the end of it when i start toribash and see me danceing or sparing with someone on the BG i like it.

just do me a favor, try it once, and you will see that there is no need for "channel it differently", because you will play, have a challenge, win and enjoy it ;)
agree about spars and stuff, afterall i used to play it for quite a while, i could probably find some ancient spar replays..., the thing what i'm trying to say is: every mod can be played with grace, and every replay can be worth watching, when you go for it ( the purpose of this org ), and evil crusade against bd? idk, if it can bring some attention to the way we play, may be some people will get interested, try it and re-open aikido for themselves. ;p
tell me about aikido
First of all, when using contracted wrists...Your opponent ALWAYS gets more points which is a disadvantage already.(Example 1, look at points).

Secondly, extended(ungrabbed) wrists makes it immpossible to suplex because your opponent is not able to extend his wrists NO MATTER what he does. It'll always work if you know what you're doing.(Example two, opponent extended wrists at 360 frame, didn't work, I of course did change several joints every frame.)

As shown in Example number two, in situation of 'falling' extended wrists ARE ALWAYS better because there is a longer distance between your elbows and couldn't say the same about the contracted ones. (Example number two)

Since your elbows are closer to the ground, it means it is WAY easier to dq you.
Let's move to the pressure part. As shown in Example number two opponent in a very hard position because of his elbows. Creating pressure requires some skills actually. The pressure wasn't very strong in this case, but was enough to put opponent in trouble. It is possible to save it in that sitution(I was too lazy to edit the replay and make it impossible to save) but you get my point.

In a few particular situations(Example number 1, last few frames(last spin)) it is very good that your wrists are OUTSIDE. As you can see, there is nothing your opponent can do to prevent dq and that is just because OF CONTRACTED WRISTS.

There are a few more advantages that I'm too lazy to tell about, but I hop that I proved my point.

No doubt, there are a lot of disadvantages of extended wrists as well...Both openers have their own pros and cons...And you just can't change that.
Doesn't matter which tactic you use, if you know how to play, you WILL ALWAYS find a way to beat your opponent. That's it.

I'm done here.
Attached Files
Example.rpl (49.3 KB, 3 views)
Example 2.rpl (33.0 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by Riddles; Feb 3, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Also known as Kristis133.
~Fabula Magnus|Co-Leader of DOA|GameGrad|ORMO|Tc's Seller~
Originally Posted by Riddles View Post
First of all, when using contracted wrists...Your opponent ALWAYS gets more points which is a disadvantage already.(Example 1, look at points).

Secondly, extended(ungrabbed) wrists makes it immpossible to suplex because your opponent is not able to extend his wrists NO MATTER what he does. It'll always work if you know what you're doing.(Example two, opponent extended wrists at 360 frame, didn't work, I of course did change several joints every frame.)

As shown in Example number two, in situation of 'falling' extended wrists ARE ALWAYS better because there is a longer distance between your elbows and couldn't say the same about the contracted ones. (Example number two)

Since your elbows are closer to the ground, it means it is WAY easier to dq you.
Let's move to the pressure part. As shown in Example number two opponent in a very hard position because of his elbows. Creating pressure requires some skills actually. The pressure wasn't very strong in this case, but was enough to put opponent in trouble. It is possible to save it in that sitution(I was too lazy to edit the replay and make it impossible to save) but you get my point.

In a few particular situations(Example number 1, last few frames(last spin)) it is very good that your wrists are OUTSIDE. As you can see, there is nothing your opponent can do to prevent dq and that is just because OF CONTRACTED WRISTS.

There are a few more advantages that I'm too lazy to tell about, but I hop that I proved my point.

No doubt, there are a lot of disadvantages of extended wrists as well...Both openers have their own pros and cons...And you just can't change that.
Doesn't matter which tactic you use, if you know how to play, you WILL ALWAYS find a way to beat your opponent. That's it.

This is what i was actually waiting for, but...

1) both replays are abd
At first example you had to use lots of space to stand correct and then spin, classic aikido doesn't have that much free space, but let's skip it.
2) both replays were with situation when opponent extend pecs, while this is not really rational at all ( never seen a throw with pecks extended )
3) the exact situation what i was talking about is this:

why contracting wrists is gay and can't be considered as fairplay

in any other situation except this one it can be countered like any clap move, but if opponent get his arms like that, you will have a hard times trying to keep your elbows as you desired, while your wrists are useless, while your opponent will chill more or less.

and in this situation, if he will extend pecks, and doing the same thing like in your replay he will be safe, while his arms are "inside" yours. This is what i was talking about.
Last edited by snake; Feb 3, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
tell me about aikido
I completely missunderstood the purpose of this organization.
I actually thought that this org is about ABD, not normal aikido. Lol, silly me.

I find aikido to be one of the most idiotic and annoying mods(and judo ofc). It is impossible to make that mod fun because OF MANY, MANY reasons...The dojo is just too small to do anything. Well but that's just my personal opinion.

Also, if you know that your opponent will use contracted wrists opener, you should do it too.
Contracted wrists opener + Contracted wrists opener = Normal grip.
Problem solved.
Also known as Kristis133.
~Fabula Magnus|Co-Leader of DOA|GameGrad|ORMO|Tc's Seller~
I find aikido to be one of the most idiotic and annoying mods(and judo ofc). It is impossible to make that mod fun because OF MANY, MANY reasons...The dojo is just too small to do anything.

unexpected, but wait..
Originally Posted by snake View Post
The dojo is just too small for you to do anything?

here is nograb at classic aikido and even with comebacks on that small dojo.
balancing.rpl
this is what really hard to pull off.

or.. some helickicks may be?
heli+spinkick.rpl

or some standing fight?
ng standing fight.rpl

But i would like to hear some other reasons from you, except:
The dojo is just too small.

tell me about aikido
aikido's dojo are the perfect size lol
.: Kratos <3 ][ Tricerafi ( Evil Twin) <3 ][ Raiken & Kaito <3 ][ Manta <3 ][ NvSfocus ][ Wylde][ Pure ][ Trocher3 ][ Shrook :.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~I got Death and a Vampire as Waifus ~
I really dont know why you made this thread because this could cause many arguements and to be fair it doesn't really prove any thing.
Last edited by sofoooo; Feb 3, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
Nick: Loler

Belt: 6th dan

Reason to join: Because... I have a passionate hatred for BD... its basically judo all over again imo.

Replays: NONE I DONT NEED NONE
Last edited by LOLERCOAST; Feb 3, 2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: fail @ name
Bored...