Endurance Onslaught 6.0
kt700 is shallow. Thats not a reason to say an instrument is better. Its about sound and rhythm....and style....jeff beck jimi hendrix....both are good example of excellent guitar AND bassists (i know its hard to believe) but they both tried out both instruments in the early stages of their life. They chose what they felt was right, and thats how many great bassists and guitarists chose their instruments they play today. Through Trial.
Originally Posted by Zebadon View Post
kt700 is shallow. Thats not a reason to say an instrument is better. Its about sound and rhythm....and style....jeff beck jimi hendrix....both are good example of excellent guitar AND bassists (i know its hard to believe) but they both tried out both instruments in the early stages of their life. They chose what they felt was right, and thats how many great bassists and guitarists chose their instruments they play today. Through Trial.

He didn't say it was better, he said he preferred it. Before calling other members shallow, read their posts carefully.
It depends on how the instrument is being played and in what genre. In rock/metal the guitar will always be the favorite, but if you get into jazz and genres similar, you'll find that the bass is way more important.

These two guys are from two different genres of music and I believe they are considered the "best" bassists at the moment.

Victor Wooten

Flea

Bounafizta says:
My love for u has gotten me detention like 4 times lol
I have heard of them both and their very good at what they do...but they argument is bass vs guitar..not post random videos....
Last edited by Zebadon; Feb 12, 2010 at 01:26 AM.
Anybody can play guitar. You just won't be playing either with skill.
Bounafizta says:
Your argument is invalid. One can play both instruments while having no skill/experience with it whatsoever.
Bounafizta says:
You can try it. well. of course depends how much you know about music and what you really like
Clan: DAT
Experience: Since 1.6 or before.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Bass is far more important.

Anyone who says otherwise really needs to brush up on their theoriez

Oh hi there, I appologise in advance for Guv_na, he's a faggot. I undeleted your post just so I could rofl

Now, where were we.

Bass guitar provides a sense of tonality for the entire piece, as well as giving an impression of the changes (through changing notes or walking).

Guitar plays chords which are non-descript without a reference bass tone in the grand scheme of things and is ultimately there to "fill out the mid-range". This can be done by the vast majority of the band, particularly keys or piano.

There is a reason why you see many jazz bands without guitar, but they almost invariably have a bass of some sort. This is the reason why.

A large number of rock groups are too stupid to realise this.

Sup, just winning the thread.

Not all styles work like this though. A large portion of blues is just a guitar. Also, as long as you use all the strings, a guitar fills out a very large range.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Not all styles work like this though. A large portion of blues is just a guitar. Also, as long as you use all the strings, a guitar fills out a very large range.

Trad blues had basslines on the guitars in pseudo-walking phrases.