20 Votes / 23.81%
...Or Linkin Park?
42 Votes / 50.00%
....SHARK?
13 Votes / 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Nickelback are talented. I have observed something recently. People say they suck because they only listen to what they put on the radio. I have to say that I loved pretty much all of Fight For All The Right Reasons. Which is NEVER played on the radio.

Agreed.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Nickelback are talented. I have observed something recently. People say they suck because they only listen to what they put on the radio. I have to say that I loved pretty much all of Fight For All The Right Reasons. Which is NEVER played on the radio.

The fact still remains that they make that crap that gets put on the radio. You haven't proven anything.
To date I've seen both Nickelback and Linkin Park live, and I still like Fall Out Boy more. I mean, don't get me wrong, those concerts were awesome. But I like Fall Out Boy's music more.
/ragemode engage
Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
Rap ruined music.

~ I find this because rap is all about different topics like "Whores" and "Skanky Bi***es", etc. I'm not saying all rap is, but I do find that 99% of it is about that. Also, drug abuse. This may be invalid, because many songs in the 60's were about dopers.

No.
Have you ever listened to KRS-One? Or Common? Immortal Technique? Even mainstreamfags like Kayne West don't write any of the lyrics you are saying. It seems to me you're getting your knowledge of the genre from MTV.

~ Rap music never connected with people like classic rock did. I mean, I find that most rap sounds the same (Aka. 50 cent). This may not make sense, but also a lot of rap is made from synchronized keyboards and other sound effects to cover up the music itself.

No.

You telling me this art form never connected to anybody?
Early hip hop has often been credited with helping to reduce inner-city gang violence by replacing physical violence with dance and artwork battles. In the early 1970s, Kool DJ Herc began organizing dance parties in his home in the Bronx. The parties became so popular they were moved to outdoor venues to accommodate more people. City teenagers, after years of gang violence, were looking for new ways to express themselves. These outdoor parties, hosted in parks, became a means of expression and an outlet for teenagers, where "Instead of getting into trouble on the streets, teens now had a place to expend their pent-up energy."

Ever hear of Tony Tone? Of course you didn't, because you're ignorant. Hip hop culture was started as, and became an outlet and a way of dealing with the hardships of life as minorities within America, and an outlet to deal with violence and gang culture.

And don't tell me all rap music sounds the same- it doesn't. If all rap music sounded the same, it'd be one song. I find this hard to swallow being told off by a genre that bases itself around an instrument with only seven strings.

I mean, listen to Led Zeppelin and listen to Eminem, and tell me which you enjoy more.

I enjoy both. They're TWO DIFFERENT THINGS from two different genres. How do you compare hip-hop and rock and roll? You can't.

~This may also be invalid, like SporeCc said, but I just find that the general violence and subject matter in rap music can even make me uneasy after watching it. Take Piggy Pie for example. It had a nice beat and all, but I almost feel sick after listening to it. I also feel really angry or depressed after listening to most rap music...

See above. If you're feeling mad or sad after listening to the drivel on MTV, you need to see a doctor. Well, no, because it's MTV, and that's normal.

-I shall snip this, because it would make my previous arguments null and void-

You should just snip your whole post.

/ragemode disengage
Last edited by Kips; Apr 28, 2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: quote tag fix
I (PERSONALLY) like Nickelback better, just because I haven't heard much Linkin Park and FOB lately. They're all pretty mediocre, in my book, though.
Originally Posted by Kips View Post
/ragemode engage

No.
Have you ever listened to KRS-One? Or Common? Immortal Technique? Even mainstreamfags like Kayne West don't write any of the lyrics you are saying. It seems to me you're getting your knowledge of the genre from MTV.

No.

Early hip hop has often been credited with helping to reduce inner-city gang violence by replacing physical violence with dance and artwork battles. In the early 1970s, Kool DJ Herc began organizing dance parties in his home in the Bronx. The parties became so popular they were moved to outdoor venues to accommodate more people. City teenagers, after years of gang violence, were looking for new ways to express themselves. These outdoor parties, hosted in parks, became a means of expression and an outlet for teenagers, where "Instead of getting into trouble on the streets, teens now had a place to expend their pent-up energy."

Ever hear of Tony Tone? Of course you didn't, because you're ignorant. Hip hop culture was started as, and became an outlet and a way of dealing with the hardships of life as minorities within America, and an outlet to deal with violence and gang culture.

And don't tell me all rap music sounds the same- it doesn't. If all rap music sounded the same, it'd be one song. I find this hard to swallow being told off by a genre that bases itself around an instrument with only seven strings.

I enjoy both. They're TWO DIFFERENT THINGS from two different genres. How do you compare hip-hop and rock and roll? You can't.

See above. If you're feeling mad or sad after listening to the drivel on MTV, you need to see a doctor. Well, no, because it's MTV, and that's normal.

/ragemode disengage

I couldn't agree more with you.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Originally Posted by Kips View Post
/ragemode engage

No.

No.

/ragemode disengage

Thanks buddy, you should have seen what he wrote originally. (It's quoted in my rage response to it)