Toribash
Yeah, it's just something that I'd though I would say.
[ s p i r i t ]
SKATEBOARDER
wonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk♥♥♥wonkwonkwon kwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by veb View Post
Petty things don't always need to be policed.

Many petty things can add up to one big thing and end up in a harsh drop of quality. The mods and admins should be consequent and strict. Who cares if a couple of idiots don't like you for doing your job? I'd say that by these criterias, PID666 where a great mod. Sure, he scared some noobs shitless by telling them to go fuck themselves and stuff, but atleast he got the job done.
Trust me, when we see a real spammer, we deal with it... Swiftly, mercilessly, and with a hearty laugh.

When we see the odd double post, we remind them of the rules.

A ban on a single double post? I'd rather not. Multiple accounts of double posting? Yeah, I'd set them aside in the naughty corner for a bit.

But then, I don't see why we should enforce every rule with mass bannings. If we did, half the forum'd be banned.

Also, I agree, PID WAS a decent mod. But y'know, I think its far easier to have people listen to us because they like and respect us rather than banning anyone who steps a toe out of line. Don't get me wrong, I'll ban offenders if they go too far, but I think a civil approach is far better than using (or abusing) the powers (vested in me by the Lord veb Almighty).
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Originally Posted by Qegola View Post
Trust me, when we see a real spammer, we deal with it... Swiftly, mercilessly, and with a hearty laugh.

When we see the odd double post, we remind them of the rules.

A ban on a single double post? I'd rather not. Multiple accounts of double posting? Yeah, I'd set them aside in the naughty corner for a bit.

But then, I don't see why we should enforce every rule with mass bannings. If we did, half the forum'd be banned.

Also, I agree, PID WAS a decent mod. But y'know, I think its far easier to have people listen to us because they like and respect us rather than banning anyone who steps a toe out of line. Don't get me wrong, I'll ban offenders if they go too far, but I think a civil approach is far better than using (or abusing) the powers (vested in me by the Lord veb Almighty).

Fair enough, I see what you mean. Besides, I believe the punishment for puny infractions such as double posting should be nothing more than a warning, if not justified.

However, there are scammers getting away with stuff. Sure, 600 TCs ain't much, but for the poor blue belt that spent 120 wins earning them, getting robbed of them is quite the kicker. In such cases, I believe there should be a definite ban rule, perhaps on both fronts. (Forums and ingame.)
Originally Posted by CMon View Post
However, there are scammers getting away with stuff. Sure, 600 TCs ain't much, but for the poor blue belt that spent 120 wins earning them, getting robbed of them is quite the kicker. In such cases, I believe there should be a definite ban rule, perhaps on both fronts. (Forums and ingame.)

Also note, when we do recieve scam reports, we take them VERY seriously. You don't know what we have to do to confirm that each reported case is legit, and how time consuming it can be.

As with anything, prevention is better than cure, and it is largely up to the populace to make sure to avoid dodgy deals, but we can only rely on the smarter members it seems to use more secure channels. We do our utmost to get all the reported scammers under wraps, so PLEASE don't bring that into the equation. In the past fortnight alone, we've had quite the boom in cases. Its not we're getting lax - Its just they're getting more numerous.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
I understand Qegola, I see you do your job nice and swift everyday. Thanks.
[ s p i r i t ]
SKATEBOARDER
wonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk♥♥♥wonkwonkwon kwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]