Toribash
I haven't been here long enough (about a year and a half or something) to be like "Oh it was so much better when ______ was ______" or something, but I find the elitism pretty interesting. Also the Market and Shop system are fucking awesome.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
bringing up elitism, there WILL be a lot of it and there always has been (started in very early 08 on another account) people seem to think that since they put in the effort of moderating the forum/game or have been here for a while (namely oldschoolers) that they have the right to be asses to most of the new players/people asking for help. Of course that doesn't go for all of them, there are some great moderators who keep things straight.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
bringing up elitism, there WILL be a lot of it and there always has been (started in very early 08 on another account) people seem to think that since they put in the effort of moderating the forum/game or have been here for a while (namely oldschoolers) that they have the right to be asses to most of the new players/people asking for help. Of course that doesn't go for all of them, there are some great moderators who keep things straight.

There are also people who have been here for not even 2 years and act exactly the same. The elitism is a survival thing, some can do just fine without it, but most fall into it and become assholes. Some are already assholes and just fit right in, but luckily it mostly stays in IRC and out of the forum. I haven't seen all that much elitism of late.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Yeah, there used to be a lot more I remember when i joined. Of course that could be due to the fact I was be a newb.
Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
There are also people who have been here for not even 2 years and act exactly the same. The elitism is a survival thing, some can do just fine without it, but most fall into it and become assholes. Some are already assholes and just fit right in, but luckily it mostly stays in IRC and out of the forum. I haven't seen all that much elitism of late.

having the help tab linked on the forums makes most new users end up on IRC though, it's not as bad in support but some people in #support will act like most people are completely stupid for asking a question.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
having the help tab linked on the forums makes most new users end up on IRC though, it's not as bad in support but some people in #support will act like most people are completely stupid for asking a question.

Some people are. But, I am yet to see someone refused help without good reason, even if the question is stupid, like "How do I get to the IRC?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
The forums have the good, the bad, and the ugly, as with any forum, but what we have most are the inactive, and probably for the better. People think this forum is illiterate enough as it is; judging by the way most people behave in game, it's a good thing they aren't forumites. Otherwise, we'd really be plagued by trolls and idiots.
Alot of people are complaining about noobs who are dicks, well, they are dicks, but come on.
Probably everyone of us has been one of those noob dicks, you just got to give them time to understand how shit works. But unfortunately there will always be noob dicks and elitist people.
I've been here for about year and a half, and i haven't really noticed much differences, except that there's more annoying people now. Especially ingame.
And for those who think it's so horrible why you are here anymore then?
It's All About Expansion
Originally Posted by Danzos View Post
Alot of people are complaining about noobs who are dicks, well, they are dicks, but come on.
Probably everyone of us has been one of those noob dicks, you just got to give them time to understand how shit works. But unfortunately there will always be noob dicks and elitist people.
I've been here for about year and a half, and i haven't really noticed much differences, except that there's more annoying people now. Especially ingame.
And for those who think it's so horrible why you are here anymore then?

As Lume said, since you've been here long enough to understand many of the things concerning the in-game and forum workings, things that you may have done when you were new now start to annoy you. Try not to become jaded and remember that many of the community members are 12 and a half.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!