Toribash
Original Post
Kiai length
should the kiai length be longer or stay the same?

...admit it you've all had that one song/sound that goes for 5.000000000000001 second and it doesn't work...

orrrrrrrrrrr

different length kiai item like 5 second 7 second and 10 second?

idk there just times off the top of my head soo... i know there has probably been about 69 million threads on this but yeah...
We could just make the extra time buy-able on per seconds limit and up to a certain limit. And it should not be on sale for tc, only for real money. That way, it'll be like a small reward for helping the game.
Nub.
Not only for real money... Kiai's are not premium items which need to be set as USD prices.

Maybe for more TC. 2k per extra second.. Because TC is harder to earn while USD you can ask a friend for it because it wouldn't even be much. Only around under 1USD but I don't know what a USD is in relation to pounds but here in England I am guessing it would be around 50p.
blue
pink
Since we're repeating arguments:
Originally Posted by Lazors
I generally dislike kiais. 5 seconds is ok, more than that is pushing it. I wouldn't mind as much if it was only buyable for real money, because far fewer people buy things with real money, no matter the amount.
I'd rather give special features to someone who has helped the community than to some farmer.

Originally Posted by Kradel
Not only for real money... Kiai's are not premium items which need to be set as USD prices.

Says who?
Anyone who wants a customisation item that is a bother to the rest of the community either has to pay a big price for it, or simply respect that there is limits.
Maybe not 10 seconds but an additional 1 or 2 seconds would help so much! Every time I edit sound files I have to pretty much 'ruin' the extract because it has to fit in the 5 second mark.

Seems like a personal reason. I don't think the whole community should have to mute their kiais because of one or two members who can't respect limits.
So even if you like hearing kiais of your preference just mute them all to avoid hearing annoying kiais. And besides, what you find annoying other people may like. I used to have a section of a glitch hop track as a kiai and people said they loved it. I also had a women screaming everytime I got hit as a hit sound and nobody cared or they might have had music turned off.

I want to hear kiais. I don't want to hear long kiais.
The issue isn't about what you put in there, the issue is how long i have to listen to it.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
This is where it could get complicated and things like
/kiai limit 5

Meaning kiai limit is 5 seconds, would be suggested but such a simple idea turning into much more.
blue
pink
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
Guys, the music volume button is there for a reason. Kiai's and other sounds can be disabled by turning off music or lowering the volume. This is what a lot of people do to avoid hearing loud or musical kiais. You should give it a go.

WHat if I want to hear my own kiai and it's destroyed by terrible dubstep.
Scribe pls c:
[OSHI] [Judo Organization] [Aether] [Team AikidoBigDojo] [PSN]
[3:50:35 PM] Sam: I'm a lyrical, cynical, rythmical demon.
Spittin out lines like I spit out hot semen.....
Taking a break...
Pair, even a shorter kiai won't fix that. So that is no reason to oppose this. If your kiai is still 5 second, the other guy can also have a terrible 5 second dubstep. I don't see your point.
Nub.
Pair for some reason toribash only plays one persons kiai during a game. This happens to me at least. I also see you said 'terrible dubstep'. Are you saying you only dislike musical kiais as long as its a music genre you dislike? So you wouldn't mind somebody with a kiai extracted from a song you like?
I've heard 2 kiais mix,and sometimes its nice,sometimes its not,5seconds is long enough,imagine a person putting a really really loud sound that blinds your ears that lasts 10seconds.Also some mods have reaction time lesser then 10seconds,i don't wanna be hearing a kiai for 3turns.
Are you living the life you really want?
I'm following most people here, I'd be against it because of people putting dubstep music or any really annoying sounds. >.<
Kiai length is fine as it is.
I like to draw and stuff