Ranking
Original Post
Toribash ingame Chat layout redesign [Rev3]
Hi guys!
sorry for the delay... I've finally done my first try at redesigning the ingame layout of Toribash.
Here it is!

Rev1

Opinions/Ideas/Tips are very welcome!

P.S.: As Rev1 this is going to change in the next few days. Rev2 is actually already under work ;)
P.P.S.: If you haven't already, don't forget to check my "Multiplayer layout redesign"

-------------- Newer versions ------------------
Here you can find the whole presention (multiplayer + chat)
Toribash redesign - Behance
be sure to check the gif!

Rev3: Gamespace higly optmized (!!), horizontal timer, positions fixed, Queue hidden by default, new chatbar

Behavior of the chatbar
when a new message arrives, the corrisponding tab became red. If you click on the chatbar it will expand (going upwards) and show the 10 last messages.
Just click outside to make it smaller again. When it's minimized the chatbar only show the last message received.

(click to view at full-size)

Welcome/login page redesign is coming soon!
Stay tuned

Rev2 - colors fixed, added scroll bar, brand new HISTORY feature, useful suggestions when "/" is typed

Last edited by LordLucas; Jun 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Rev3
Thank you so much @Gradeger !! That situation is exactly what i meant.
This screenshot is good, it would be better if view is zoomed out! (so i can crop it and use it for my upcoming layout)
how about this?

------------------------------------------
if image didnt work then here is link
http://imgur.com/xbpDm4u
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
Originally Posted by LordLucas View Post
Thank you so much @Gradeger !! That situation is exactly what i meant.
This screenshot is good, it would be better if view is zoomed out! (so i can crop it and use it for my upcoming layout)

http://imgur.com/xGGXSCb

Here is the link :P
ugly
Originally Posted by Gradeger View Post
http://imgur.com/xGGXSCb

Here is the link :P

Thanks man ;) your support is really appreciated!
I'm actually wondering why some messages keep disappearing...
Anyway, i'm currently trying to design the easiest and lightest "Basic/Advanced mode" as gamespace actually need space.
News will come in few days ;)

Posts that doesn't follow the rules get deleted. Now you know.
Last edited by Lazors; Sep 8, 2014 at 01:46 PM.
Ok guys!
Rev3 is finally online. After some works that slowed me down, i finally managed to get (not yet the final) version of how a new design of Toribash could be.
After all those messages about "vital gamespace" i tried to maximize our area and came up with this. Lots of changes has been done and a demo video is coming up in the next days. I hope you like it. Minor changes will be applied into Rev4.
Chat lines in the middle ? After or two three lines it will disturb for whatcing/playing. The are also not with transparent background. The original solution with "invisible" chatline background much better.
Sorry?
That chat line is going to stay as a single chat line.
When a message arrive the "room" tabs became red. To view the messages you must click two times on the chat lines and it will expand showing last 10 msgs (with scroll bar on the right side). To make it smaller again just click outside.

How can someone think about putting the chat in the middle of the gamespace
I like it, A new layout could definatly improve the popularity this game has on the gaming community.
~Has my vote of support
I should really find a clan.