Velied Basilisk
3 Votes / 13.64%
Dying Authority
5 Votes / 22.73%
Horned Cipher
1 Votes / 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

What were you thinking of doing for sound Hawke? Use samples and soundtracks from previous games or completely original?
I was just thinking about this last night. For battles and other "common" events I'll use the soundtracks already present in RSE/FRLG (battles, teachy TV], Elite Four lobby music etc.) I will definitely either compose my own or get permission from someone to use custom music for the title screen and battles against rivals and probably E4 members. I am undecided about the background music for routes and cities. I will probably use a mixture of the two if I can nail down the orchestral style that Nintendo went with. I will also try to avoid the more iconic themes such as Lavender Town and Pallet Town because of their recognizability.

If any of you are good at composing shit I wouldn't turn down help. I haven't composed anything in at least a year, so that will be fun. Thankfully Pokémon Essentials supplies a bunch of original music as well, so I shouldn't be too short on resources to pull on.

Also a quick update on my progress: I have finalized the world map (for now, we'll see if I can cram all first three gens in the space I have first) and only need to put some final touches on the title screen. The most progress I've made is in the storyline, where most of the actual storytelling takes place in the very beginning, and "reminders" of sorts as to why you're a ten year old kid wandering around an entire continent unattended. The only story bit that I haven't at least outlined yet is the villainous team.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare; Aug 27, 2016 at 03:29 AM.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
I've just finished my semester and I've started practising making sounds with Logic Pro (and I've got access to Ableton and FL Studio at uni), so I can spend some of my new free time helping out if you'd like. I could try composing something for the title screen if you can give me a reference track (example/s of how you'd like it to sound). This could be good experience for me.
Last edited by Ele; Aug 27, 2016 at 03:42 AM.
I'll hit you up in IRC when I get home in about 1.5 hours.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
After a bit of a break due to work and school, I've begun working on this again. I now need a name for the villainous team and/or cult the main character will be butting heads with throughout the story. I've used this site to generate ten names randomly out of 600k possibilities. Please cast your vote on whichever one sounds the most ominous/badass. Keep in mind I may also add "Children/Disciples of the ____" to the name, so take that into consideration as well!
Why haven't I seen this yet? One word hawke. Dope. Good luck man, I can't wait for a finished product.

Sorry I am late everyone.
You where in KG when this started so I'm not surprised you missed it.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
Update: Until now I have been putting off using the actual RPG maker to do the actual creating, opting instead to put together a complete storyline, Pokemon list and other things like that. I have begun to actually start worldbuilding. But I have reached a wall. A very tall wall. A wall that spans hundreds of miles long and many feet high. The Pokedex. The only way to edit the order of the Pokemon and their respective Pokedex numerical assignments is through a reference text document. Each one has its own array of data like this

And there are 649 entries. I want my game to be accurate to the level of RSE or FR/LG, including types, matchups, movesets and abilities. If this entire list is up to date for Gen V info, I have a lot of work ahead of me. Thankfully though I only have 163 pokemon in my list, which are all pulled from the first three generations, so anything after national number 386 I can just delete.

Also teaser town. This is Natron City, which sits right next to Victory Road, and is actually the first town/city the player will enter after leaving their home. I am considering either removing the department store, as it is the first town, or simply restricting the items sold and adding a bigger one with better selection in a future city.

Natron

EDIT: Here is the completed Pokedex roster for your viewing pleasure.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare; Apr 18, 2017 at 12:39 AM.