Ranking
I remember watching a video a while back explaining the underlying problem of Hearthstone. The person posited that the reason Hearthstone has these problem decks is that everything in Hearthstone can be separated into "questions" and "solutions".

Threats and win conditions are "questions", while answers that deal with threats or avoid the win conditions are "solutions". The problem that arises in Hearthstone is that "questions" are universal, while "solutions" are specific. As such, it's easier to play "questions" than it is to field "solutions", which leads to decks optimizing their "questions", since finding "solutions" to answer a specific "question" may not necessarily apply to a different "question".

Unfortunately, I think what ultimately contributes to this problem is Blizzard being reluctant to provide broad, efficient, "solutions". It makes more sense to just keep posing "questions" and just try to win as fast as possible since "solutions" are generally higher cost and rarely actually reverse match momentum on their own.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I remember watching a video a while back explaining the underlying problem of Hearthstone. The person posited that the reason Hearthstone has these problem decks is that everything in Hearthstone can be separated into "questions" and "solutions".

Threats and win conditions are "questions", while answers that deal with threats or avoid the win conditions are "solutions". The problem that arises in Hearthstone is that "questions" are universal, while "solutions" are specific. As such, it's easier to play "questions" than it is to field "solutions", which leads to decks optimizing their "questions", since finding "solutions" to answer a specific "question" may not necessarily apply to a different "question".

Unfortunately, I think what ultimately contributes to this problem is Blizzard being reluctant to provide broad, efficient, "solutions". It makes more sense to just keep posing "questions" and just try to win as fast as possible since "solutions" are generally higher cost and rarely actually reverse match momentum on their own.

And here it is:

Firebat is pretty on the money, it's about Power Swings. Drawing things at the right time = you win, no, = you lose.

In the first time in the history of Hearthstone, starting last expansion (Un'Goro isn't AS BAD as an offender, and I have some hope for Un'Goro), you can literally predict who will win prior to turn 1 based off the mulligan, with reasonable certainty. You used to say that about turn 4 if your hunter opponent got the insane high roll on The Undertaker. Which was rare. And not this shit.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
You know it's bad when you're wishing for Undertaker Hunter again.

Unrelated, but I'm wondering if Kabal Lackey into Counterspell would fizzle a Quest. If it did, that would be a top kek turn 1 for the ages. Literally ends some decks on turn 1.
It does
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Elemental Shaman it's so fucking nuts. I never had so much fun with a deck for a long time. This deck destroys nearly all the decks on the ladder, especialy mage, even that cancer quest hunter has no chance. The quest warlock kinda annoys me, got 2-2 vs it because a lot of luck and bad draws from me.

The only minus to this deck that i have is the new sinergy with if you played an elemental last turn, do X thing this turn. If i don't have any of these cards in my hand and i have other elementals for their effect to trigger, i'm forced to play an elemental so i can be prepared if i draw one of sinergy elementals.
Last edited by azzeffir23; Apr 8, 2017 at 09:24 PM.
Run the cheap Elementals that add 1 cost Elementals to your hand. There's the 1 drop with a battlecry that gives 1 and a 2 or 3 drop (can't remember off my head) that deathrattles and gives you 2. It smooths out the curve problems, and gives some early play as well that still functions well as a late game engine.

Elementals were definitely the most enjoyable thing they added from the expansion. Every class that can use them will use them a little differently. Mage uses them as a tempo tool, Priest can use them for combo shenanigans, and Shaman uses them as midrange. Arguably Shaman has it best cause most of them are specialized for them, but they slot well into other archetypes.
I do use these early game elementals which also give another elementals, i just wanted to state what i consider a minus to this mechanic. If it was if you control or have elementals on the board, it was more better.
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
I do use these early game elementals which also give another elementals, i just wanted to state what i consider a minus to this mechanic. If it was if you control or have elementals on the board, it was more better.

You mean the mechanic would be brainless and have even less counterplay
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
Elemental Shaman it's so fucking nuts. I never had so much fun with a deck for a long time. This deck destroys nearly all the decks on the ladder, especialy mage, even that cancer quest hunter has no chance. The quest warlock kinda annoys me, got 2-2 vs it because a lot of luck and bad draws from me.

The only minus to this deck that i have is the new sinergy with if you played an elemental last turn, do X thing this turn. If i don't have any of these cards in my hand and i have other elementals for their effect to trigger, i'm forced to play an elemental so i can be prepared if i draw one of sinergy elementals.

you should tech in 1-2 fire flies. it has helped my curve a lot. for example that 4/3/5 that gets taunt and divine shield if you played an ele last turn, isn't an elemental. so i combo it with a firefly

edit: just realized you guys are talked on this topic.
New impressions:

Weird that Stonetusk boar is a card again

Maybe Hunter isn't consistent enough to rely on it's quest legendary

Maybe Time Warp is the new freeze mage
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!