Toribash
Originally Posted by max View Post
this is a genuine question/concern and I want to know if I'm missing the point of Event Squad or if the Event Squad staff needs a rebuild

i don't really know the current situation of things, but for my last months of playing Toribash, the count of forum events running was really... really low. The current ES members list is not really big too, and a good portion of them (according to Tori Broadcast) are doing close to nothing, they could be doing some background work on events, so hey, can't know that.
Originally Posted by Taekkyo View Post
i don't really know the current situation of things, but for my last months of playing Toribash, the count of forum events running was really... really low. The current ES members list is not really big too, and a good portion of them (according to Tori Broadcast) are doing close to nothing, they could be doing some background work on events, so hey, can't know that.

this is what I mentioned about the broadcast list as looking at that is nothing special and as of LARGE events that are posted on the Events board, Ed mentioned it can take weeks/months to plan for obvious reasons (some people like to get away with things, working around cheating, prizes, art, mods etc) which makes complete sense now but I doubt those large events are really ran by every, single, ES member or even give ideas so this still brings it down to those individuals that haven’t hosted in-game or as seen on broadcast list or the Event Board.
-----
Do add on to this, I don’t think making a list of every ES member and giving your perspective is doing much besides just causing drama/ potential misinformation, what I’m hoping will happen soon is a revamp of the staff in general with some of our ideas that get put into this thread (it’s a known thing most good ideas from random threads don’t really happen very often)
-----
Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
I think we're more interested in each ES member's staff points awarded for in-game events and hosting. That would be much more useful

I don’t think we should see this list unless the admins want to, they can decide on what they see but yes, the amount of events and in-game tourneys isn’t what we are talking about, it’s the lack of certain ES members that don’t host enough or at all by themselves
Last edited by max; Apr 28, 2023 at 03:53 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
as an idea, they could make series of events, where you have to come up with ideas for the new event, and the one that gets most votes from the poll is being hosted, the creator gets a very good prize (and a potential ES membership?)
so we could gather more dedicated people and at least we get something from them, even if they won't be planning on hosting in-game tourneys or shit like that.
Last edited by Taekkyo; Apr 28, 2023 at 04:01 PM.
Originally Posted by max View Post
this is what I mentioned about the broadcast list as looking at that is nothing special and as of LARGE events that are posted on the Events board, Ed mentioned it can take weeks/months to plan for obvious reasons (some people like to get away with things, working around cheating, prizes, art, mods etc) which makes complete sense now but I doubt those large events are really ran by every, single, ES member or even give ideas so this still brings it down to those individuals that haven’t hosted in-game or as seen on broadcast list or the Event Board.
-----
Do add on to this, I don’t think making a list of every ES member and giving your perspective is doing much besides just causing drama/ potential misinformation, what I’m hoping will happen soon is a revamp of the staff in general with some of our ideas that get put into this thread (it’s a known thing most good ideas from random threads don’t really happen very often)
-----
I don’t think we should see this list unless the admins want to, they can decide on what they see but yes, the amount of events and in-game tourneys isn’t what we are talking about, it’s the lack of certain ES members that don’t host enough or at all by themselves

Bro why you think I mentioned the points We as players deserve to see which ES are being active and who's not.
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
Bro why you think I mentioned the points We as players deserve to see which ES are being active and who's not.

but we aren’t the ones who have the power to replace them/fire them? That’s up to the Admins lad so it’s generally just pointless for us to see those numbers, you could generally just do the math yourself or save yourself the hassle and just look at the broadcast list/events and see who’s names pops up most?
I can track broadcasts, but some kind of counter would be helpful.
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

Originally Posted by akina View Post
everyone knows that 96% of the background stuff is just bunch of shit-talking plus some circlejerking in the sweet flavor of nepotism

its not deep bro they arent inventing some rocket to the mars back there and neither do they have any important things to even discuss bro dude it is toribash stop pretending that there is more to it LOL

I understand I'm probably replying to a teenager, but this sort of lazy critique is just against human nature. More importantly though, I can't help but notice that all you do here is post ostentatiously and ironically for your audience of whoever your friends are. Does this sound like someone who would NEVER indulge in gaiety and frivolity with their comrades? Does this sound like someone who would rather work with a stranger who differs in personality, instead of a similarly ironypoisoned friend? Seriously ask yourself these questions.
Originally Posted by Moonshake View Post
but this sort of lazy critique is just against human nature

you are right