Toribash
It's like the most interesting thing to me. And I hope that more movies like interstellar will be produced, where you have a good story next to the effects and animations.
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Isn't it physically impossible to survive something like that; as you would, as soon as you entered the black hole, get sucked into it at unfathomable speeds atom by atom, basically ripping you apart instantly? (let alone the fact that it would seem like ages for you to get in there in the first place)
Well, I think the basic effect of the time difference from the different perspectives was quite a good part. I would like to land onto that planet aswell to stay for some days, seeing the earth on the return like a quarter millennial later.
Doesn't that mean that energy is the key to manipulate the time?

I guess you'll be ripped after the point of no return :3
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Ah yes, the concept of time on other planets is true and proven, the only thing that just wasn't right was the theory about black holes and other dimensions.
Because there just is no information available on those subjects yet.

Still, I didn't really mind, Christopher portrayed them realistic and believable enough for me.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
As far as I know the string theory says that there must be more, up to 11 or maybe up to 27. There is just nothing to test it like in other theorys.

I think alike, he did well
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Solid point; if it's portrayed believable and realistically enough, it usually does well. After all it is an art form, I think people who overanalyse things and ruin everyone's fun while watching a more or less unrealistic scene are just buzzkills. I'm a fan of deeper films and storylines, but every now and then I also stroll into the cinema with my friends and watch something like Dredd, which is way over the top, but still super enjoyable.
I would like to enjoy random films from time to time but it gets harder to find one. I guess a good example is TED. Some years ago I watched movies like TED, but now where so many stupid films come out, I can't stand any low entertainment anymore. I don't feel too smart, I'm just so tired of it, just media-weary.

Interstellar was like the most enjoyable film in the last time, because it didn't need any of the low-catching entertainment. It had some elements that I really missed, like the most valuable one for me; authenticity.
Even the story of the family took me from the first moment. The daughter and the son reminded me of "The Last of us" somehow.

Anyway.. we need a list of very good films.

If anyone is in search for a good movie, I would recommend "perks of being a wallflower" with emma watson. It has a good story of a boy who is like the shy one without many friends. But he meets Emma and another guy, who become his good friends for the highschool. It's a nice film that I really enjoyed.
Last edited by Aikanaro; Dec 3, 2014 at 01:07 AM.
ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
Perks of being a wallflower is pitily not a great movie adaptation, the book is bringing the story across way better. But yeah, we really need a "hidden gems" kind of list.