Toribash
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
s is that sufficient for my uses?

Yes. For everyones uses. I've seen people with way worse specs streaming at 1080p/60fps. It is basicly the most-top-of-the-line-but-not-wasting-any-cents-build. Anything above that is just enlarging your e-dick except if you use your computer for professional work which I assume you don't.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
So you did read my uses? And just Video Edititng but no 3D Rendering really except maybe Mudbox in the future as far as Heavier Tasks go
-----
And how about the rest of you? Would you find Mongius' statement to be true? It's not that I don't trust you Mongius but I am relatively new to this and this will be my first build so yeah Exciting stuff.
-----
And how long could a build like that go for? What would the upgrade timeline be on it?
Last edited by Merc; Oct 31, 2015 at 08:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Mong is correct, his build is very solid and has room for upgrades.

Only thing I'd change is putting in a better quality psu :P
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Alright good. Suggestions for a PSU? And what would the timeline be for a build like that? So far we have 2 people who agree completely on the same design It's looking good
Antec EDGE are pretty solid and cheap for high tier. You can get Antec EDGE 650W or 550W for around $100.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Alright let's wait for Mongius to come on and add to the rest of this
-----
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Can I ask why you're getting 3 PCs?

Sorry Neko didn't see this Post :P I'm not getting 3 PCs. I have 3 PC concepts at different design tiers. 2 PCs could be used for a Streaming Setup though ^_^ But seeing the latest suggestions I'm starting to feel that it's unnescesarry. And Mongius, are you sure the 970 isn't overkill? Don't get me wrong I love the 970 and it's an amazing value but I wanna make sure (970 is my fav GPU so far :> <3)
Last edited by Merc; Nov 1, 2015 at 08:27 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
970 is completely fine for everything on 1080p. The problem with GPU's right now is this 100$ abyss between 970/290/390 (~300$) and 960/280X/285/380 (~200$). Don't get me wrong, these are all great middle class cards, there is just a big performance jump from one to the other. The 970 will probably last you about a year longer than the other ones.

my "rule" for video cards is to get the 300$ GPU every two to three generations (depends on the performance increases), that is the best you can get for your money. Every month I put 10$ on the shelf and when I need a new one I already got the money for it.

PSU's are a conflip category, it's all about which brand you trust the most. For me it is BeQuiet!, Seasonic, Thermaltake and Corsair. Never used anything else, so I'd say you can trust ImmortalPig about the Antec one.
Last edited by Mongius; Nov 1, 2015 at 08:54 PM.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Reformatted

1. Kyure I feel that's only your opinion.

2. Mongius thanks for all the info

3. Mongius make sure to PM me whenever I gotta update my PC whether via overclock or upgrade please. Thanks again.

4. I'm looking into some good cases and monitors so I'll keep you guys updated on that ;)

5. Case Suggestions anyone? I'm looking at this since it's compatible with Immortal's 400$ Build from PM - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-cc9011086ww

6. My current monitor selected on PCPP is the Acer G246HL. I've done some research on it. Idk if I'll buy it right now because it's a little pricey. I might upgrade to it later on. Thoughts?

7. Immortal, don't AMD CPUs overheat though?

8. Mongius the CX Series of Corsair and generally distrusted and prone to damaging other components :/ Would you agree or disagree?

9. To clarify, Mongius' Build is for all my purposes, Immortal's Build from PM is for running Rust at 30FPS. Did I get that right?

10. Immortal, you know the build you PM'd me? The 400$ one? How much would it cost us to get M.2 compatibility? It's just for Rust and maybe we don't need it but M.2 is always nice. What do you think? Also, found this - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyt...gab150md3hddr3
Last edited by Merc; Nov 2, 2015 at 06:40 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I'd get the 970, AMD is still notorious for overheating. 970 works for me fine and I run multiple games on multiple monitors at once with no problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu