Toribash
Unfortunatly, it is impossible to get replays to work correctly at the moment with any script that changes joints not during a normal pause-and-set-joints event.
From experimentation, the way i think replays work can be thought of like a flash animation loosely. Every time you set joints normally and hit space, it saves a "keyframe" into the replay data, and computes or "tweens" the physics from that until a new "keyframe" is created, and so on and so on. The "keyframes" include positional data, so thats why you get the warp effect, and also why limbs reattach sometimes, etc... It also sets a "keyframe" on every DM and frac, because that changes how things need to be processed for physics to play out right. I have tried repeatedly force DMing the same joint every frame, but apparently the code checks to make sure it is not DM already, so I couldn't work around it like that, lol
For replays to work, LUA needs to have a function to manually set these "keyframes" as needed, but I have a feeling with this script, the rpl files would get pretty big if I saved a "keyframe" every turn. :/

So the jury is out on the future, but for now, no replay support. Sorry guys/girls. ;.;
 ____  _____  __  __  _  _  ___  _  _ 
(  _ \(  _  )(  )(  )( \( )/ __)( \/ )
 ) _ < )(_)(  )(__)(  )  (( (__  \  / 
(____/(_____)(______)(_)\_)\___) (__) 
OMFG this mod ownz my balls of steel, btw. can you remove the rage meter, cause, whenever i do some serious combos the uke is using rage and slices me in half so its unrealistic :<

EDIT. or is there a way i can remove it ?
LOL, i feel your pain D: The supers are really quite a game ender at the moment :/ NotBowen/noweb had a great idea that I might just do for the 1.1 release to see whow people like it better. Instead of bewming anything the fists touch for 40 frames, it would only frac/DM the first few joints (or joint) it hits. Still a nice edge, but not a show-stopper. As for now, I'm finding where you can easily edit to disable...

Ok, you are looking for 2 sets of lines close to eachother. Scroll to about line 1025 and look for:
player1.gauge = player1.gauge + math.floor( damage / 1000)
player2.gauge = player2.gauge + math.floor( damage / 500)
....and further down....
player2.gauge = player2.gauge + math.floor( damage / 1000)
player1.gauge = player1.gauge + math.floor( damage / 500)

Delete those 4 lines, save, and the bars should not charge.

ALSO!

A note to everyone: I am HIGHLY encouraging everyone to fiddle with the script to modify it, or whatever you want to do. You can use any functions I have created in it for your own use. I also have made and commented with fairly comprehensive instructions on how to change the AI around in the script to make it perform differently, as well as changing default settings when the script loads. Open the script with notepad or text editor of choice, and read the top stuff for more info. Everyone who feels up to it, have some fun experimenting with it!
Last edited by NewbLuck; Aug 21, 2007 at 01:51 AM. Reason: ALSO! note at end
Originally Posted by NewbLuck View Post
LOL, i feel your pain D: The supers are really quite a game ender at the moment :/ NotBowen/noweb had a great idea that I might just do for the 1.1 release to see whow people like it better. Instead of bewming anything the fists touch for 40 frames, it would only frac/DM the first few joints (or joint) it hits. Still a nice edge, but not a show-stopper. As for now, I'm finding where you can easily edit to disable...

Ok, you are looking for 2 sets of lines close to eachother. Scroll to about line 1025 and look for:

Delete those 4 lines, save, and the bars should not charge.

ALSO!

A note to everyone: I am HIGHLY encouraging everyone to fiddle with the script to modify it, or whatever you want to do. You can use any functions I have created in it for your own use. I also have made and commented with fairly comprehensive instructions on how to change the AI around in the script to make it perform differently, as well as changing default settings when the script loads. Open the script with notepad or text editor of choice, and read the top stuff for more info. Everyone who feels up to it, have some fun experimenting with it!

Now its sweet man i luv you <3
Best script ever !
Omfg, this mod is sweet, i can't stop playing it xD
Just i got one more question, is there any chance that the health of the uke and me go slower, cause the matches are like 10 to 30 seconds and me or uke dies, i think it would be better if matches would be longer, to prove who is better

EDIT. Oh and one more thing, is there a chance to do something like this, i punch a uke when he's out of health, and then the ai shutdowns like, he's disqualified, and he's joints becomes relaxed soo he falls very sweet
Last edited by M45t3r; Aug 21, 2007 at 01:43 PM.
hmm.. i hadnt even considered fiddling with the script yet :o
but mastering punchout is definently worth the effort... there's nothing more satisfying then landing a nice punch and decapping uke
Edit: oh yeah... how about setting key frame every 3-5 frames... it'd be significantly bigger then the average .rpl, but it'd also keep it from being intensely big... and it'd probably still work... i think
Originally Posted by rubby View Post
hmm.. i hadnt even considered fiddling with the script yet :o
but mastering punchout is definently worth the effort... there's nothing more satisfying then landing a nice punch and decapping uke
Edit: oh yeah... how about setting key frame every 3-5 frames... it'd be significantly bigger then the average .rpl, but it'd also keep it from being intensely big... and it'd probably still work... i think

Yeah, that might work out rub, and still be a third of setting it every frame... Now all we need is the function to do it with lol D:

I might be having a contest a bit later after I earn enough credits for who can adjust the AI settings to make the most competitive AI or something like that... There is still room for improvement (much room, lol)! Also, something I'm hoping to do (SPOILERSLOL) for 2.0, or possibly earlier, is to have multiple AI that you can choose from to fight against. It would be cool if they were all user-submitted stuff, I want this script to include everyone's creativity eventually, being a creation of the people who play toribash.
since you have two lean back commands, perhaps you could change 5 to "guard"?
also, could you make wrists antigib?
they have any annoying tendency (by tend i mean 98%) to dq if they ever come off.
due to their round shape, they just keep rolling.
also, it would work well with the guarding, as breakable wrists don't defend too well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.