Toribash
Originally Posted by ravenger View Post
It's also notable that Sony is doing a really shitty job of securing their console. I'd wager that the PS3 has far more hackers.

At the moment the amount of hackers online is very low because of the release of the 3.60 firmware. Current "jailbreak" firmware allowing for the use of cheat programs and such is only at 3.55, thus denying hackers access to internet play. There were a few "spoofers" and such but all such methods have been blocked by Sony. Also Sony sends out warning emails followed by PSN ban if they find you're using CFW and do not remove it.
Those hackers who still have access are in the same boat as those on xbox - they run firmware currently unreleased to the public.

Any 10 year old can figure out the price of a Live Arcade game. Seriously. How difficult is x/50?

It's easier since you don't have to do any converting at all. Also the amount of MSpoints per dollar varies in all countries because it is based on a flat 80 points per USD. Plus this point was only half serious.
Last edited by 4zb41; Apr 9, 2011 at 05:40 AM.
wtfman.jpg
Any modded console on the xbox is banned within 30 minutes of going online. Except for a very few select people who don't release their ways to keep unbanned. And generally, don't go online. (i.e unknown, thilo)

It's also notable that Sony is doing a really shitty job of securing their console. I'd wager that the PS3 has far more hackers.

Any 10 year old can figure out the price of a Live Arcade game. Seriously. How difficult is x/50?

Dude, I got my playstation 3 the second day they were out, i own every call of duty game that came out for ps3 and played them all in multiplayer along with about 10 other ps3 games and I havent come across one hacker.

/ontopic

They are both very good systems, I absolutely LOVE the ps3 controller and the graphics (Need an example, look at FF 13 and Heavy Rain). Also Exclusives like Heavy Rain, LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2 are examples of Singleplayer AND Multiplayer Gaming on the playstation network. Call of duty games just overall suck imo. I just get them to play online with friends on the new maps. I would get a ps3. And for problems, if you treat your ps3 well, it wont die out on you. My ps3 hasnt died once, only once it didnt turn on and thats because the cable was unplugged. :L it Scared the shit outta me.

Free internet +great graphics + great gameplay = no really downside.
Alright then, lets see.

Community
There are far more players on xbox then PS3, I know because I have played on PS3 and even on black ops or a more popular game it takes far longer to find a decent connection than xbox.

Exploits and glitches
With a PS3 you can easily mod it in about 30 minutes with a USB stick. On an xbox, you have to open it up, solder a bunch of stuff, flash it, install more stuff, download the modded patch, activate it, buy a new keyvault which you can only use for about 40-60 minutes before getting banned, so you would imagine PS3 has alot more hackers. On Xbox it is impossible to get into a
"challenge lobby" on one of the more popular games, even on the least popular games like CoD4 the most I've seen is a lobby where you kill yourself and get 5000 XP, yet in one of the first mw2 games I joined on a PS3 at my friends house it gave us every weapon and attachment etc, colored class names, seizure lights flashing on the screen, and people getting deranked.

Hardware
I haven't really had much experience with the PS3, only a few times at my friends house but from what I've seen the games on PS3 seem to lag a little bit more then xbox, but that's just my opinion.

The software
The PS3 "dashboard" looks alright, but some of the stuff looks a little jagged like the keyboard and the background. The xbox dashboard looks alot more smooth, has alot more things you can access and it looks really cool. If you care about that kind of thing.

Hardware/Software problems
I'm going to have to give this one to the PS3 software wise, as ever since I got the red ring of death, my xbox has been locking up quite a bit, but that's just been on black ops so it just seems to be that the game isn't using the xbox hardware properly. And the PS3 can get the yellow light of death, and that's pretty hard to fix from what I've seen. For me, all I had to do was let the xbox cool down for about an hour and the red ring went away.

I would recommend the xbox if you like multiplayer and the PS3 if you like homebrew and hackers.

How do you stop a baby from crawling around?

Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
At the moment the amount of hackers online is very low because of the release of the 3.60 firmware. Current "jailbreak" firmware allowing for the use of cheat programs and such is only at 3.55, thus denying hackers access to internet play. There were a few "spoofers" and such but all such methods have been blocked by Sony. Also Sony sends out warning emails followed by PSN ban if they find you're using CFW and do not remove it.

The only thing that's stopping 3.6 spoofers from spoofing again is they don't know what the right verification is. It's just a matter of time before they figure it out again.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
It's easier since you don't have to do any converting at all. Also the amount of MSpoints per dollar varies in all countries because it is based on a flat 80 points per USD. Plus this point was only half serious.

Fair enough.
I'm neutral on this one.
PS3: Free online, better graphics/More hackers.
Xbox 360: More games, more communication/More rage gamers.
I mean, they both have their ups and downs.
[04:34] <siku> i can already tell you 2 are awful since piratez is a terrible clan that cares about post count above everything else
THE MOST STUPID THREAD WHOT I EVER SEEN
everybody who have xbox say "xbox is the best"
everybody who have PS3 say "PS3 is the best"

i have xbox and im really happy with it
when u will look on PS3 and xbox graphic on the same TV xbox will be better (but not much)
if u want to play online PS3 will be better because ther it is free
if u want to play blueray films --> PS3
but if u want to play "by your body" kinect is better than move (i know it because my unce have move and i have got kinect) but Wii is the best :P
xbox is cheaper than ps3

and i prefer xbox idk why its just better for me

btw that doesnt mean that i don like sony ( i have psp and ps2 too) so that is only my opinion
i hope that i helped you
-----
oh the longest post i ever made xd
Last edited by Wojtek120; Apr 11, 2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I am taking requests, just PM me
PS3 definitely but then people with xbox will say xbox same with PS3 but i had xbox but there's too many little kids on xbox plus most people take it way too seriously and cuddle ps3 has COD Black Ops as well.