Endurance Onslaught 6.0
nice work of expression,
but work more on the eyes expression,
It is hard to make something strong if not working together.
the wrinkles needs a little adjustment
Look:

I see you working correctly at directions, but placement is off.
I made some scratches in orange, and shadows are strange, if you are not working with shadows, then you have to work.

As you can see the muscles of the face contracts showing wrinkles from the nose to the jaw, try it, You should know more about the form of the face,
It should be hard to make it the style you wish.
acrylic on canvas

Last edited by Varkenoss; Aug 7, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
You all totally skipped him omg:

Cropped man. Too much boring space on the sides. Looks like you sharpened this thing too much as well. Text is distracting. Could use some more effects for flow. Pretty decent I suppose.
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
but work more on the eyes expression,
It is hard to make something strong if not working together.

i disagree, i thought the eyes carried alot of character and expression, and that the lines remained consistant throughout the texture, so everything fit together quite nicely

the wrinkles needs a little adjustment
Look:

I see you working correctly at directions, but placement is off.
I made some scratches in orange, and shadows are strange, if you are not working with shadows, then you have to work.

i dont disagree with you about the wrinkles, but with the hard sketch lines, its going to make him look like an old man, and i dont want that. so id prefer to leave them out entirely, rather than making it accurate at the cost of making it look bad.
ive never hid that i prefer design over technique/accuracy, and have always encouraged improvement in technique/accuracy only when it will enhance the design.

shadows and highlights arent an issue, because its not a classical/traditional style, so classical/traditional aspects arent the focus.
its just meant to be impressions, not perfectly accurate shading. it does not go with the image i had in my head.
initially i didnt want to use highlights/shadows at all in this piece.

As you can see the muscles of the face contracts showing wrinkles from the nose to the jaw, try it, You should know more about the form of the face

you forget that I used to give the exact same comments to you when you started, I know how the muscles in the face/body work

It should be hard to make it the style you wish.

again, i disagree, i think ive achieved the style i was looking for. it can still be improved, but its there.

thankyou for your comments
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
texture based on Saren from mass effect that i havent been motivated enough to finish
was planning to focus more on the shading, but i ran out of patience
Yeah, im working on it
will start to come together a bit more when i start adding some blues and strong whites into the shading
i think our definitions of comic are a bit different, youre imagining more to the cartoony side
struggling with the flat front of the face atm, never been comfortable with flat space with my freehand stuff
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
old pencil habits, always liked the sketchy look and find it easier to keep it consistent when going into the smaller areas, not confident enough to go large