Ranking
The only thing I haven't found an effective way to farm are shark fins and feathers.

They are the only thing i don't have a stable supply of. I have a nice farm for every new plant, but feathers are the only thing holding me back >_>
I doubt I will play again until bigger updates come, as in I'll probably start playing when the version 1.1.0 comes out, I just need some gameplay changes, something that actually changes the game like new maps or places, not new items.
Originally Posted by Bio View Post
The only thing I haven't found an effective way to farm are shark fins and feathers.

They are the only thing i don't have a stable supply of. I have a nice farm for every new plant, but feathers are the only thing holding me back >_>

Create a land bridge to a floating island, set up a flier trap. Feathers galore.

Shark fins are harder, but I believe it could be possible to use the dirt rod to move dirt so you can create a tunnel leading towards the ocean (moving the dirt into the sand so that it won't all collapse when you dig the tunnel), then create an airlock so you can safely step into the ocean, agro the sharks, then safely get back onto land. It's a theory, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work (the using the dirt rod to create a tunnel part).
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
So, with a bit of testing, the dirt rod wont make a tunnel :/

However, I realized you can create a slightly flooded airlock thats 1 block water, 2 blocks air that will still cause water mobs to agro you, but keeps you breathing and relatively safe (jellyfish). Add a large enough opening at the bottom, and you can temporarily go down, agro the sharks, then go back up into the airlock and the sharks will follow (and they will jump around in the airlock, so kill them fast cause they'll still be coming at you )
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I actually found out how to farm both harpies and sharks right after I made that post.

I also have 2 dark lances now >:3

So I started up a new hardcore mode character. "DeadPanda", Doing good so far. Iron armor right now. Got a spear and enchanted boomerang :3, with 2 mana stars so far.
Last edited by Bio; Jul 1, 2011 at 02:03 AM.
Terraria was fun at first, but when i got all the armors, items and weps. So now i'm pretty bored with it.
Ruining Toribash since the 29th of February 2008.
>wake up at 8:45am, 398 hours of terraria played
>go to sleep at 1:10, 414 hours of terraria played

what social life :,D