Toribash
Stopped the showcase when I stopped moderating.
Just stating why I stopped doing it.
There's been plenty that's good enough to go in, it wasn't meant to be held to a super high standard, was just meant to be for anything that was good or interesting or whatever, lower maintenance etc.
Make of that what you will.
Last edited by BenDover; Jun 16, 2014 at 09:14 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Random question of the day: How well do you think you could spot someone's style, and how well do you think you could hide your own?
For me it largely depends on the person, and other factors like if they're intentionally trying to hide their style or try out a different one. But as far as Toribash goes, I'd say it's pretty easy to tell who made what.

Interesting that you bring up that topic though. Dunno if you've seen Ezeth's new boat picture (link). But one of the first things I thought was that I wouldn't be able to guess that he made it just from the picture alone. Reminded me a lot of GorosArt from DA, which is not what I think of when I think of Ezeth's works.

No idea as far as hiding my own style goes.

Also, still making slow progress on that musashi head >_>

ears and eyesockets

(>^_^)>
another quote for Ben's art board rage.

Originally Posted by TheBigDad View Post
;-; you guys are gonna make this hard to resell 61k

but as far as recognizing someone else's work i was thinking it would be cool to try a minigame/event where you create an alt then create a texture, and basically see if you can guess the artist, if you get it wrong then you get kicked out of the game and if you guess right then you go to the next round. last person standing gets the prize. (except more thought out of course)
Toribash would be easy to recognize, especially the current crowd.
Can recall most peoples styles from the past as well. But I've had a weird fascination with this game for years, so yea...
Could prolly do it with tb vid makers as well.
Other art, not so sure, would need to get my eye back in, but would probably be the same, everyone has funny ways of doing something that I could pick up.

As for hiding my own style, not sure, if I could kick the bad habits, it would be fine. My current style is defined by my bad habits. If i could call it a style. It would mostly be about eliminating those.
so if you were in the running for a prize do you think you could hide your style well enough/mask it with someone else's in order to make someone guess incorrectly?
Ah, that would be tricky, don't think I'm good enough to make people think I'm u, monobi or jebus, your technique is too good, could prolly get the drawing style down, but I can't colour like u guys can.
Someone with a distinct style and less technique though, maybe.