Ranking
Everyone I've linked that dress to seems to be mad about it.

I don't see why, I find it extremely interesting. :c
why tho
Originally Posted by -Cyri- View Post
Everyone I've linked that dress to seems to be mad about it.

I don't see why, I find it extremely interesting. :c

I think I can explain this one, at least for why it annoys me. You know that irritation when a mass group of people find out about something you've known about for years and act like it's the best new and interesting thing ever. Think when mass media found out about Twitch and we're all "People just sit there and watch each other play games?! That's so wacky!" and we were all a little annoyed/cringe. It's basically that but for exposure, changing the exposure on a shot and finding it sometimes screws with the colours is nothing new to people who have dicked about with cameras but people are acting like it's totally mind blowing and magic. It's one of those things where you know you're kinda being an ass and should just let people enjoy things, but it still bugs you.
-----
Other people are probably just sick to death of hearing about it.
Last edited by JackMorris; Mar 28, 2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I think it's interesting how the science behind the different interpretations work, but the fact that narcissists just kept going on "about how their vision is perfect and if you don't see it their way you're wrong", it just ruined the fun and wackiness behind it. It was proved that it was black and blue anyway.

And in regards to the media discovering Twitch and YouTube "Let's Players", people don't watch people play video games for people playing video games. They watch it for either the interesting commentary, viewer interaction, or high-level skill involved.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Originally Posted by JackMorris View Post
I think I can explain this one, at least for why it annoys me. You know that irritation when a mass group of people find out about something you've known about for years and act like it's the best new and interesting thing ever. Think when mass media found out about Twitch and we're all "People just sit there and watch each other play games?! That's so wacky!" and we were all a little annoyed/cringe. It's basically that but for exposure, changing the exposure on a shot and finding it sometimes screws with the colours is nothing new to people who have dicked about with cameras but people are acting like it's totally mind blowing and magic. It's one of those things where you know you're kinda being an ass and should just let people enjoy things, but it still bugs you.
-----
Other people are probably just sick to death of hearing about it.

I get that it's been overdone and it's annoying, but as ross mentioned it's the neato science behind it that makes it interesting.

I've heard of space a trillion times but it still interests the hell out of me, I don't go all like "UGH, WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT SPACE AND HOW VAST IT IS. IDIOTS." :P
why tho
Originally Posted by rossbarker View Post

And in regards to the media discovering Twitch and YouTube "Let's Players", people don't watch people play video games for people playing video games. They watch it for either the interesting commentary, viewer interaction, or high-level skill involved.

Well I obviously know that, all I meant was that's how the media reported on it
-----
Originally Posted by -Cyri- View Post
I've heard of space a trillion times but it still interests the hell out of me, I don't go all like "UGH, WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT SPACE AND HOW VAST IT IS. IDIOTS." :P

Best example I can give I guess is if you were in the minority of people who knew the sun was a star and then suddenly the entire world found out and acted like it's brand new and exciting. Doesn't annoy everyone, barely ever annoys me, but since I'm a film dude it was very "so what" for me and then it got annoying due to over exposure. See what I did there.
Last edited by JackMorris; Mar 28, 2015 at 04:54 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by JackMorris View Post
Well I obviously know that, all I meant was that's how the media reported on it
-----

Best example I can give I guess is if you were in the minority of people who knew the sun was a star and then suddenly the entire world found out and acted like it's brand new and exciting. Doesn't annoy everyone, barely ever annoys me, but since I'm a film dude it was very "so what" for me and then it got annoying due to over exposure. See what I did there.

I'll let you slide for the pun.

For now.
why tho
I'm glad that this discussion is over with, so does anyone plans for later? I'm bored, like always.
thehorde23 HAS NO TC, BUT WILLING TO DECAPITATE YOU
Originally Posted by thehorde23 View Post
I'm glad that this discussion is over with, so does anyone plans for later? I'm bored, like always.

IRL? No. Maybe clothes shopping but other than that no.
why tho
Anyone wanna play Brawlhalla with me? This is a new game type for me and I suck like hell.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays