Ranking
Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
No, that would be pretty much selling the flame design and it's forbidden by the rules (check market rules).

Why is it forbidden? I remember some of the flame forge MS (whatever they are called) used to do it, and a lot of people learnt halo/painter etc this way.
Flame forge MS? There used to be a group for flame forgers, but it was when forging was paid, etc (plus I can't recall them selling designs).
Please pm me examples of that and I will take action. Also, it's forbidden due to rule F from the Flame Specific Rules on the market rules.
F) Selling flame designs is strictly prohibited.

Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
Flame forge MS? There used to be a group for flame forgers, but it was when forging was paid, etc (plus I can't recall them selling designs).
Please pm me examples of that and I will take action. Also, it's forbidden due to rule F from the Flame Specific Rules on the market rules.

It was a few years ago, but the question was "why".

"why is it illegal?"
"because it is illegal"

See how that answer isn't helpful Tinerr?
Originally Posted by McD0NALDS View Post
Wait what are these "bots" can you explain them?

What are you talking about? what type of bot?
-----
and also, how wise or how do you guys choose the GM's etc? do you need to give them a test? something like that?
Last edited by smosh023; May 10, 2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
It was a few years ago, but the question was "why".

"why is it illegal?"
"because it is illegal"

See how that answer isn't helpful Tinerr?

Because it's harder to prove "rights" from flame makers than it is for art, if we tried to make an analogy. Let's make an example, if someone starts selling wings like the one I created, I can't say "hey I created those wings", and tell them not to make wings, even if they are reaaaly similar (they could've found out how to make them by themselves).

Also, why would someone buy the design of something already made, if they can actually copy them from the item.dat and wear them themselves? (if they are copying them directly from item.dat, they won't be able to sell those since that counts as plagiarism).
Anyways, plagiarism for flames is a reeeally grey area, and since there are few to none cases to be dealt about this, they are seen particularly and discussed by the msquad.
As someone who looks up to some of the staff on my forum as my personal heroes I have a few questions. I speak for the entire forum when I say that I looked up to shmevin as a great road model in his position of item forger. I am just curious why he was kicked so early, the only explanation I read was "he did bad things".
Originally Posted by felipevo View Post
the only explanation I read was "he did bad things".

...and it's the only one you'll get

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you