Toribash
yea I ran outa time to finish my spiel
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
What

Yes I know Fort Minor ( And Linkin Park) are usaully love it or hate it kinda sound, but I think that this shows that there are good rappers out there, those lyrical stylists of legend, and not just "gangsta's", and they openly diss the popular genre of rap.

http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/For...igarettes.html
Linkin Park sometimes adds in a small rapping part. But for the rest. GTFO!
LP, HAPPY HARDCORE and some whole damn lot of other shit FOR LIFE!
<Hamster> I need a towel
<Hamster> ._.
Originally Posted by Imubai View Post
Musically rapping isn't as good as rock/classic/jazz/blues. However it is on a par with punk and metal. Punk is sooooo easy to play and make. All that metal has going for it is the guitar solo's.

Punk used to be good, then all the small high school bands took over and turned it to crap.
You clearly have not heard good hip-hop. Ever listened to Dj Shadow? Four tet? There are also many other artists who make hip-hop music that barely include rappers. Ego-induced? Maybe. Repetitve? In some parts but are you telling me other genres of music have no repetiton? Creative complex music? Absolutely.

Yes I've heard them, and I really hate it. It's not like I've never given rap a chance. I've probably heard more rap than a lot of you, looking for good rap. I still haven't found it.

Before I end. Hip-hop isn't even my favourite music. I like the work from the "golden age" of music. The works of led zeppelin, frank zappa, captain beefheart. I am also a huge fan of jazz, namely, John
Coltrane. Then there is the blues, The howlin' wolf, son house etc. I also like drum and bass, experimental music..... I could go on and on. I have an open mind and I also know enough about music to know what is good and what isn't."

I must commend you for that, most people just like old bands like Led Zeppelin because there popular. It's sad that great bands like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC have turned into symbols for teen druggies. Jazz is great music, my favorite music to play. It's also the only music that hasn't been tainted like punk and other genres.
Last edited by Spencer135; Oct 3, 2007 at 09:32 PM.
> implying I have a signature
Jazz is also one of the more difficult genres of modern music to play. Any, any jazz musician, in my book, is worth several rock, country, etc. musicians on average. While there are some amazing rock and country and other genre musicians who are truly skilled, as a whole Jazz attracts a different breed of musician. A lot of both of the above genres use simple beats in terms of drums, guitars, and bass. In most Jazz, everything in the band serves a purpose, nothing is secondary, and quite often each portion has its own time to shine in the arrangement.
"Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable."- Franz Kafka
Originally Posted by Spencer135 View Post
Yes I've heard them, and I really hate it. It's not like I've never given rap a chance. I've probably heard more rap than a lot of you, looking for good rap. I still haven't found it.

Fair enough, I can fully understand and appreciate why people do not like RAP. Rap is just a part of hip-hop. Not even the best part. Not liking rap is justified. Even not liking hip-hop is justified, it's all down to opinion. However, there ARE merits to hip-hop and you simply cannot say that there is no talent and creativity behind it.

"I've probably heard more rap than a lot of you".

You haven't heard more rap than me pal.

Anyway the way this topic is moving is towards the brilliance of jazz. I'm glad. Jazz can be described in many ways. The best word to sum it up is genius.
why don't we have a thread on "what kind of music i like and why" instead of "what kind of music i hate and why"? geez.

i like hip hop because i can dance and groove to it; if the lyrics are meaningful, that's awesome, if they sing about bling and hos and 24inch rims, let them.

i like rock because i can headbang and air guitar to it. i know there are like a hundred other forms of rock out there, but i am only exposed to what i hear on the radio and what the people around me are listening to.

i like classical music because i can study to it and it is soothing, and it's a change from the loud music i like.

yes, people are entitled to their own opinions, but try to see the difference between putting something down and lifting something up.
@cayal: I agree with you on kanye west, him and Lupe Fiasco are the only rappers I've ever listened to willingly.
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
They used to be the only rappers I listened to. But then, I broadened my horizons and found other "alternative rap" artists. Maybe you should have made an intelligent post like the above rather than your others...

Jazz does win in the end.
<3 MBK :D