Endurance Onslaught 6.0
I would definitely like to test out some stuff if I had more time.
Your replay was made with 4.82 and duck's with 4.8 so it might be related to this set of versions.

These are the shittiest weeks of my year in terms of work though, so other solutions will have to wait unfortunately.

You can try running your replay through this http://toribash.enikesha.net/ , and remaking it exactly joint by joint with it, to see if the same happens.
Other than that for now, I can only advise you to make more saves when you're replay-making, and if it ever happens again post it here if you can. Maybe we can find out the pattern of the bug.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Alrighty. Thanks for the fast replies will try out on doing the same movement when i get back tomorrow.

Wish you the best in your exams and will be posting again if this occures again so we can get a bloody fix to this.

-Cheers
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
Originally Posted by Xioi View Post
Alrighty. Thanks for the fast replies will try out on doing the same movement when i get back tomorrow.

Wish you the best in your exams and will be posting again if this occures again so we can get a bloody fix to this.

-Cheers

I will just add on the fact that in my replay, it all worked because a little glitch that happend. The glitch could not be re-created with the replay parser, therefore, if I tried to re-create it with the moves that were written down in the replay parser, the replay got only to like 2 hits (coincidently, both of our replays were manips, but thats unimportant). As obliv said, both of our "glitches" are pretty similiar, where uke suddenly stops reacting to the hits. What seems to happen is that in one certain frame, tori teleports to a position in which you were while creating the replay, but got there without "teleporting". My mind hurts trying to understand how toribash would do this, since the replay is showing the same exact thing you were doing, but somehow fails to recognize how did you and uke got in the certain position, so it teleports you, but only teleports uke later on. I thought about the reSpar lua script, but I guess that would go the same way, just repeat the moves, not the glitch that made the replay work.
h
Bah, it's a shame if the glitch happens during the replay and not after it is saved.

It probably would be possible to still make it work if after you were done with it and before closing the client window you ran the replay through this script: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=439010 , but I'm still not sure. Plus that would require you to play really safe and use the script every time you finished a replay, just in case it was glitched.

My best advice is probably to make multiple save files and periodically check them while you're making the replay.
That and trying to talk to hampa about it. It's a shame that we still don't have a convenient way to report bugs, but you can always try and post it on the Beta Releases forum (maybe??) or talking directly on irc to him about it.

We can also try and figure out a way to recreate the glitch, but I'm not so sure how to do that. Got to discuss it with NutHug to see if he has any crazy ideas.
Hey Oblivion,
I am having trouble manually merging two replays, I merged about 20 frames to test it out but when i load the replay, it doesn't even load, it straight away crashed, I should mention that these replays have moving items in it, and I saw some stuff in notepad which I didn't recognise example EPOS 0, EQAT 0, EANGVEL 0, ELINVEL 0. Even though the replay was Uke's replay, these ones still appeared when i didnt touch Tori. I didn't merge these ones cause I'm not sure about it.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Everything that starts with an "E" (like EPOS, EQAT, etc) refers to objects.

It's easier if I see the replays you want to merge and the merging file.
Specially since it's about 20 frames it should be easy to pinpoint the mistake and tell you what went wrong.
Was there ever a point where you suddenly got better at replay making but have no idea why? I don't know why I am asking such a random question and I kind of expect that you can explain how you improved as a replay maker but sometimes I just leave the game for a while and then come back to it and find myself better than before despite being out of practice. Am I the only person who experiences this?
Good morning sweet princess
Definitely. This seems to happen to me in things outside of Toribash as well.

My replay thread actually has my whole experience as a replay-maker from start to end documented because I wanted to be able to see exactly how I improved.

I don't know which was the exact point where I suddenly got better but I feel like that did happen.
I do however credit my involvement with ORMO on IRC as the main boost to my performance in this game.

Sorry for the late response. Only now did I fully started my summer vacations.
Full-time student for now.
Just finished my 2nd year in Medicine.