Toribash
Original Post
Mosier's *Amazing SP Replays* Comp.
Ok, the Comp is quite simple:
Design an extremely epic and stylish replay.

Rules:
Anyone can enter
Replay MUST be in singleplayer
Replay can be any length/any matchframes
100DM or higher
No mods except for classic.tbm or sambo.tbm(A good SP sambo replay shall benefit the artist with a nice advantage :o)
All other relevant settings can be decided upon by the user.
Limit of 3 Replays Per User

Looking for:
A great display of skill, style, and originality in the replay.
This doesnt mean that you have to go out and do some random weird looking move in any case. It just means that you should try and post replays that you think would help you win. Replays that will probably make you stand out in the competition.

Judging
3 Judges have been picked (+me :P)
they shall sex your replays up. K?'

The Comp ends exactly one week from this hour, meaning March 26, 2008 at 7am GMT+0
I will then decide the winner hopefully a few hours to one day after the comp ends

1st Prize will be 10,000 Credits
2nd Prize will be 5,000 Credits
3rd prize will be 1,000 Credits

kk, have fun, happy replay making

Oh, and a note to the participants.
*keep all of your replays on the same post* Edit button ftw

Oh, and another note
you can edit-add-remove replays as much as you want. As long as there is only 3 replays by the end of the comp, you can do as much editing as necessary.
mostly cause i wont look at these replays until the contest ends anyways
Last edited by Mosier; Mar 22, 2008 at 02:43 AM.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
Yeah I have 20 some k also Dark, and I just entered for fun also, but no offese to DMM and every thing, but I didn't see he skill in his replay. I could make one in 5 min of me splitting myself and attacking uke. To tell you the truth, I have seen noobs do it. Its not the hardest thing to do. Maybe if it was in Sambo, but it wasn't. Again no offense and srry if it looks like I am complaining for not winning or what ever. I just think Sambo didn't really get bonus wich was said it would.
Last edited by Patrick_Unrated; Mar 27, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

"In the end, it is always good,
If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

Total RedDevil Special Cookies Gained: 3
Total Cookies Gained: 1
Originally Posted by Patrick_Unrated View Post
Yeah I have 20 some k also Dark, and I just entered for fun also, but no offese to DMM and every thing, but I didn't see he skill in his replay. I could make one in 5 min of me splitting myself and attacking uke. To tell you the truth, I have seen noobs do it. Its not the hardest thing to do. Maybe if it was in Sambo, but it wasn't. Again no offense and srry if it looks like I am complaining for not winning or what ever. I just think Sambo didn't really get bonus wich was said it would.

Errr... Patrick, DMM's replay was set to 180 dm threshold and it was sambo.tbm

Anyway, it was a good tourny, everyone posted amazing replays and I'm looking forward to the next one
Well I didn't see that, but I still don't think it was the great, still difference of opnion though.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

this contest was judged on style, sambo's gravity inherently adds style points to a replay, however, this time, something from normal was found to be more stylish, in a unanimous decision between the judges (i was one of them).

the replay you're talking about is yasiou's, not dmm's. dmm didn't split himself. anyways, it was the style and the flow of the replay which garnered the credit.

another example you'd probably disagree with is crazy joe's simple split replay. however simple it might be, the style in which it was done was very awesome, conveying personality in a replay isn't an easy feat, and crazyjoe nailed it to the bone in that replay.
You are right, I did talk about about yasiou's, got mixed up, I still don't see what you guys are seeing. Ne ways, like I said, difference of opnion, and it happens. No hard feelings.
Last edited by Patrick_Unrated; Mar 27, 2008 at 05:05 PM.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

Yeah, what about Dark also. I figured he would have got a prize or at the least honarable mention. No offense but you must not relise how hard it is to work with such fricken high gravity and still have a "subpar", as you call it, good replay. You can't do all those flippy tricks and shit. Dark also had some of the best replays in here. Aww well, still a diference of opinion I gues..

... I have a thread full of sambo replays... headkicks, splitkicks, madmans, everything.

You have no place telling me that i dont "relise" how hard it is to work with high gravity.
Seriously now, can you stop complaining because you and your friends didnt win?

Darks replays were very good, i really liked them. If this was a madman competition, or basically a comp where the participants were supposed to totally destroy uke, I would have had an easier time giving dark a top 3 spot...

BUT IT WASNT!!

Watch DMM's replays again, watch yasiou's replays again, and watch pirates replays again.

The thing that made them stand out was that their moves were STYLISH, ORIGINAL, and SKILLFUL <--- oshi, wasnt that the judging criteria of the comp?
WAIT A MINUTE, I don't see "Destruction of uke" or "Madman" in there.

Currently, I am really tired of replying to your inane complaints. If you really want to yell at me for my terrible job of giving my own toricredits to people that deserve it, go ahead and PM me, but don't post here again ok?
Last edited by Mosier; Mar 27, 2008 at 08:47 PM.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when