Toribash
Hey. I love my music. I'm into quite a wide variety.
I like: Dubstep, Electro, House, Electro-house, Progressive house, Pop, Nu Disco.

Here is my personal playlist for you guys. (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZCJgYmfKcIq8c)
Drum and Bass, Dubstep, Electro house, and anything that falls under that. (Too many genres to name/10)
Oh, and some rap artists, but, not mainstream rap.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
man I have a different genre that I'm super into like every 6 months.

Right now its probably alt/indie rock (Vivian Girls, Polvo, Rocket From the Crypt, Morphine specifically)

Earlier this year it was post-rock, but not really in the GY!BE vein (Tortoise, Slint[but I'll always listen to and love slint omg they're the best ever], Yume Bitsu, Papa M)

A while back it was punk/hardcore/post-hardcore (Minutemen, Dead Kennedys, Midori, Shellac, X, Unwound)

I mean I certainly listen to a lot of different kinds of music but those are the main ones. Honorable mentions would be what I call "electronic indie shit": Dan Deacon, Animal Collective, The Books; and folk: Joanna Newsom, Leonard Cohen, The Dodos
Last edited by Larfen; Aug 15, 2014 at 02:06 AM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Originally Posted by Larfen View Post
man I have a different genre that I'm super into like every 6 months.

Right now its probably alt/indie rock (Vivian Girls, Polvo, Rocket From the Crypt, Morphine specifically)

Earlier this year it was post-rock, but not really in the GY!BE vein (Tortoise, Slint[but I'll always listen to and love slint omg they're the best ever], Yume Bitsu, Papa M)

A while back it was punk/hardcore/post-hardcore (Minutemen, Dead Kennedys, Midori, Shellac, X, Unwound)

I mean I certainly listen to a lot of different kinds of music but those are the main ones. Honorable mentions would be what I call "electronic indie shit": Dan Deacon, Animal Collective, The Books; and folk: Joanna Newsom, Leonard Cohen, The Dodos

tortoise is great. i especially love their tnt album.

since you love animal collective, might i recommend panda bear? he's one of the band members who went solo and did some really good stuff. person pitch is one of the best albums i've ever heard.
Oh man dude I love Person Pitch, I have it on vinyl actually.

That's probably my favorite thing AnCo-related, except for maybe Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
oh, nice one!

and yeah, their early stuff was great. i'm personally not too keen on their later stuff though.

i'm currently listening to astro. they're sort of an electronic indie band as well. not bad too.
My taste in music is getting stable with the time. Everyday it pass by I discover new bands, new genres, making me think about what I really like, leading me to what I like now.

Basically, three bands changed my way of liking music.
Gorillaz, Gojira and Ulver.

I'm brazilian, a country a lot of 'culture', but with a lack of sense about the 'surroundings'. Basically, people live without knowing what they are doing, being lead by what the 'leaders' (politicals, magazines, midia, socialnetworks) says. It happens everywhere, but here it is much stronger.

Until the 13 years I used to say "I don't like music". The brazilian Sertanejo (almost like "country music") and generic Rap were the only thing that played on radios, and I hate these genre. One day I was just watching MTV, when a clip of Gorillaz played. That was the first song I really enjoyed.

Gorillaz led me to a Nu Metal trend, with bands like Korn, Three Days Grace. Then to Trash, with bands like Sepultura, Machine Head. Everytime heavier, following to Death and Black Metal, with bands like Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse.

Then one day I met Gojira, a band that changed my way of listening. I started listening way more to Technical Death Metal and progressive songs at general.

Then I started listening Ulver. Progressive Black Metal on the first three albuns and then eletronic until now. Led me to the eccentric world of Avant-Garde.

And now, after all, the genres I'm most listening now, after passing by many stages are:

Experimental - much weird shit
Avant-Garde (Metal in general, black metal, eletronic, RIO) - Krallice, Unexpect, Stolen Babies, Igorrr, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Post-Music (post-rock/post-punk/post-metal) - God is an Astronaut, 65daysofstatic, Toundra, Mogwai
Blackgaze (black metal shoegaze) - Fen, Les Discrets, Alcest, Anathema
Progressive/Psychedelic Black Metal - Ne Obliviscaris, Xanthochroid, Hail Spirit Noir
Sludge Metal - Mastodon, Intronaut, Abraham, The Canyon Observer, Giant Squid
Trip Hop / Chill Out - Saltillo, Zero 7, Dirty Elegance