Toribash
Originally Posted by sir View Post
You realize that you're saying we take no feedback into account whatsoever while I'm currently working on mobile port which is the most requested thing by players?

where can players post their feedback/suggestions besides the forum? (genuinely don't know the other avenues)following that,
what are the numbers on this being the most requested thing over all? I find it strange that the mobile port is the single most requested thing, the way its worded it sounds like 80% of players requested this, was there an overarching poll across all platforms on what updates players would like and this was the top voted?

Toribash has declining playerbase because it's almost a 17 year old game owned by a tiny indie company, that's your main reason. There are many other factors that contribute to it surely, but barely any of them (at least in my opinion) can be "fixed" within a reasonable time - or ever.

I don't think that's the sole reason. the fact that it lasted this long with minimal updates shows the games clear potential to be a long standing staple, regardless of the current low player base. at the end of the day players get online, and play. there is at least some group of ~20 players during every timezone actively in a match or in queue.

I think there are many improvements that can be made, that will drive new players and increase player retention that can be implemented (not fixed or adjusted), that would not take an abundance of time with a decent rate increase. additionally, what is considered a reasonable amount of time considering this is almost a 17 year old game?

Complaints about the lack of new game features and not fast enough development are fair but it just so happens that you cannot magically speed up the development when you have very limited resources with literally one person working on developing the game full time. What you also might not realize is that forums aren't the only place where we look for feedback: both our Discord and TikTok accounts have a pretty large userbase which does not always cross with forum userbase that mainly consists of old players. You can also argue that many old players do not actually stay for the game itself anymore but rather for the community and people they've encountered while playing.

no, you cannot magically speed up development, but can the team confidently say that consistently over the past 17 years there has been significant updates? and all this time, nabi studios has not employed devs to aid the in the increased updates to the game? it comes down to what the owner wants. I don't know the revenue collected over the years on this game, but I know that with an upgraded marketing strategy, it could have been more; giving hampus the opportunity to employ more developers that have the time and ability to make the necessary improvements.

some players, you can argue stay for the community. but really, most vets friends do not play this game at all any more or visit the forums. all the guys I've met here would forget this game exists if it wasn't my username popping up in the discord channels (because we met from here). I stay because of the game, as I said previously it's unique and strategy based. I know that most times if I win its because I made better decisions based on the game knowledge I've acquired over the years, which is satisfying to me. I have always been a fan of strategy games.

What this means for us is that at the end of the day we need to try and find balance between what different groups of players want, which out of these things is feasible to do in a reasonable timeframe and how not to break everything that already works while doing so.

let's establish what is a reasonable time frame with the team that is currently available to make these changes and start from there? get different members overarching suggestions, condense them into a top 3 game changing upgrades that will simultaneously bring more players and allow player retention and go from there? if anyone cares at all, I think the changes to make the game better (that maybe arguably should have been done earlier in the games history) can be discussed and implemented this year.

Community wise, I no longer handle stuff related to it as much as I did in the past but claims that the community is dead because "permanent bans are being thrown out like candy and a solid percent of veterans are permanently banned" is just not true. It never was in the past and I strongly believe it still isn't.
Players get banned because they break rules. The fact that you've been playing the game for a long period of time doesn't mean that you're a good user. Unfortunately we've had plenty of unpleasant users among our playerbase - be that "just" scammers or bigots and literal nazi sympathizers. It would be very convenient if we could tell who these users were when they first launch the game or register an account, but many of them do not disclose their views / break rules until they've been members of the community for years, which would mean that they would be considered "veterans" by the time they get banned.

not gonna argue any of that. I think the players need to also understand that majority of the ban list are also the same individual with many multiple accounts.

You may believe that it's better to overlook others' views even when they spew hatred all around and you're welcome to try that in your own community. We think that Toribash community is better without such people, even if that implies an activity decline.

I think because of the past toxic players, there are functions in the community that are hypersensitive. I don't promote hate speech, but I was banned from the discord alone for stating my opinion on gender in a debate with another player. in fact, that player flamed me, yet I got banned because the administrator did not agree with my opinion. however, I did not promote hate speech. (I never made any complaint because it's not that deep)
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
what are the numbers on this being the most requested thing over all? I find it strange that the mobile port is the single most requested thing, the way its worded it sounds like 80% of players requested this, was there an overarching poll across all platforms on what updates players would like and this was the top voted?

On Toribash's tiktok (the most popular toribash social media/ the only one with enough followers to be relevant) there are LOTs of request for mobile on every post. You dont see them in game or on forums/discord ever because they've never played. They dont have a pc to play on. It would allow for many new users to join
Last edited by froog; Mar 16, 2023 at 08:30 PM.
A lot of bans would normally come from users making multiple accounts due to them knowing they intentionally want to troll and make remarks to purposely get banned. At the end of the day staff moderates what is being reported, they don’t pick and choose who they want to ban and I believe that is what confuses the community. Users get triggered because their longtime tb friends wants to act out knowing the rules and get banned because someone else reported them. It is what it is, staffs try to make the community as fun as they possibly can to bring in newcomers so they don’t have the right to feel that they can do or say stuff that would offend other people influenced by toxic players “vets so to speak”.

17 years is a long time for a still running indie game from a small company.

I used to be a user myself since 2009-2021 and I had my toxic tendencies at one point in time. Shoot my signature speaks for itself. But we all have to understand that people grow up and leave, you can’t get upset because now with less users it’s easier for people to realize that staffs still exist rather then being known popularly for making events and etc in the past. but end of the day ignorant users will still disregard what I say “mainly since I’m a staff now” and continue talking bad about the community
Last edited by Mist; Mar 16, 2023 at 09:59 PM.
~#1 Shittiest Shitposter of TP 2016~
Tori-Agent
https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2206760_23.gif
Ex Co-Leader of Origin
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
there's a pretty short list of views you can get banned for so now I'm curious why you aren't sharing them

Originally Posted by mwah View Post
I don't promote hate speech, but I was banned from the discord alone for stating my opinion on gender in a debate with another player. in fact, that player flamed me, yet I got banned because the administrator did not agree with my opinion. however, I did not promote hate speech. (I never made any complaint because it's not that deep)

Small example but I won't go any deeper than this, I'll probably get banned just for putting these two quotes together Lol
I just wanna know what the actual strategy is here. Is hampa devoting all his time to Toribash Next while sir is working on mobile (and how many devs are there)? What are the motives here - Where is Toribash being taken (and why has Toribash Next taken so long - has Hampa been unwell)? Big picture stuff. If I were a potential investor, what's the plan here?

Hit me with it sir/hampa
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I just wanna know what the actual strategy is here. Is hampa devoting all his time to Toribash Next while sir is working on mobile (and how many devs are there)? What are the motives here - Where is Toribash being taken (and why has Toribash Next taken so long - has Hampa been unwell)? Big picture stuff. If I were a potential investor, what's the plan here?

Hit me with it sir/hampa

ill tell you what i know/have observed

Sir is still working on Toribash (Toribash 5.60 and Toribash mobile) which are both pretty big updates. As far as i know hampa isnt doing anything besides checking in when the servers go down

maybe hampa is getting ready behind the scenes for the big TBN release but i doubt it. Sir was the only one working on tbn before it stopped getting updates
Originally Posted by Ele View Post

Hit me with it sir/hampa

Hampa abandoned the game and left it on autopilot with (slightly unstable) teenagers to manage the forums, atleast that's how it seems, maybe i'm wrong and he's been grinding behind the scenes working on TB Next
Originally Posted by KlausSchwab View Post
Small example but I won't go any deeper than this, I'll probably get banned just for putting these two quotes together Lol

oh, I did some digging and found where mwah got banned, unfortunately it looks like all his messages were purged too so I'm not sure if he said something genuinely inflammatory or got dogpiled for not fully getting a concept.

Not gonna assert that mwah did anything since I can't confirm that, but overall I think it's okay to be strict about this stuff. It appeared to be a debate about the existence of the gender spectrum where the very existence of non-binary people was being argued against, in front of non-binary people. Seems like something that isn't at all harmless and I don't take any issue with staff creating a safe space, even if they upset people along the way.

-people like to exist and have rights
-if you think they don't/shouldn't exist then you'll probably get banned from a space that's supposed to be safe for those people
-how is this a bad thing
-
Glimpsed
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
-people like to exist and have rights
-if you think they don't/shouldn't exist then you'll probably get banned from a space that's supposed to be safe for those people
-how is this a bad thing
-

Nobody has talked about people being able to have rights or not on this thread, including mwah, you're kinda just making things up because you're a virtue signaler....like i said im not going to discuss this further because people are not allowed to have differing opinions on this game. Of course people should have rights to be who they are
I think toribash need a dlc
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Indonesian? | Magical Mode!
Chronoptic energy bursts from one plane to the other, evaporating anything it touches.