Toribash
Original Post
Daily & Weekly Events
Hi, after discussing this in the Toribash Population Thread on how I think this game could keep players from quitting I've decided to bring it into this board.
My idea's are pretty accurate and realistic when it comes to actually keeping this game alive and not repeating the same question "This game has a massive learning curve."

• Daily events:
At a random moment in the day/night there could be a random event that is "Do the most
damage to win +TC & QI." this could be set in only 1 public server or in all of the public lobbies so that
players aren't tempted to load up a mod and abuse this.

• Weekly Event:
This event can also be a Daily Event but for now it could be a weekly event for now. With this event it can be 1 - 5 different in-game/community events such as "Play Public
Lenshu and win 500TC every match won" just so you can get plenty of people on every week/day to play
random mods that have a 2x/3x the TC amount for 1 week, the mod can change every week to Aikido, Taekkyon, Boxshu_mushu_v5 & v3 etc.

• Weekly Event:
There could be a race event on who can get on the other side of *said parkour map* the fastest, this doesn't have to be a realism event at all considering not everyone is into realism at all, at the end of the week, those who participated and submitted their replay to said event thread will be watched by the judge/judges and the fastest to the end wins X amount of TC & QI.

The reward system can be different compared to the other events we have right now and so I'm suggesting that we add QI into these event rewards but this is where it might get tricky since QI only depends on how many games you play, after playing games my QI number barely even rises and it can honestly be frustrating when I want a certain item from the market and so adding QI rewards like +35 +50 +100 QI every match won from these events would be an awesome addition.
As far as I want this game to be revived and make the new-comers stay at this game, I very much support this idea for the sake of them and the game. This can make them feel addicted to the game just for the rewards so that they can customize their Tori.

Another thing that I want to discuss about is the ES's events. Now, don't get me wrong, the ES members are doing a good job on hosting some events but right now, it's so rare to see one. What I'm trying to say is that they should probably try to increase the amount of events so that the Toribash community will get motivated to join and play more. The event prize can be anything, I'd say try to do like a 10,000TC ES Event for this day and the other day will be an item reward event.
I love being a sunset lover.
Reasge#7856
Originally Posted by Reasge View Post
Another thing that I want to discuss about is the ES's events. Now, don't get me wrong, the ES members are doing a good job on hosting some events but right now, it's so rare to see one. What I'm trying to say is that they should probably try to increase the amount of events so that the Toribash community will get motivated to join and play more. The event prize can be anything, I'd say try to do like a 10,000TC ES Event for this day and the other day will be an item reward event.

I recently saw that there are so many Event Squad staff members and not enough events, I know they do other stuff besides hosting events but come on, do we really need 19 Event Squad staff members when I never actually see any events going on - I know they don’t get paid for doing this but most of them are very useless when it comes to their roles in this community.

If we want to revive this game then we have to actually do some stuff rather than talking shit about what the game gives out.
I I really like the idea of ​​the 500tc weekly event, the problem is that in my opinion it would not change much, for example watch daily tournaments in which you can win 2500tc: they are never played, maybe only sometimes when there is the aikido mod / abd. So in my opinion the mod in which the event will be hosted is also very important.In general, yours is not a bad idea, but you have to think about it, otherwise it will not change a lot in my opinion...
Originally Posted by Odranoel View Post
I I really like the idea of ​​the 500tc weekly event, the problem is that in my opinion it would not change much, for example watch daily tournaments in which you can win 2500tc: they are never played, maybe only sometimes when there is the aikido mod / abd. So in my opinion the mod in which the event will be hosted is also very important.In general, yours is not a bad idea, but you have to think about it, otherwise it will not change a lot in my opinion...

The difference between the 2500TC tourney's and the 500TC public room events is that this event isn't a tourney, it's a random event in a random public room, in the 2500TC Tourney players are forced to spectate if they lose and there can only be 1 winner, with this event nobody will be forced to spectate after they lose, it will just be a normal server but the winnings will be increased to 500TC rather than 10TC.

It may not make a HUGE change but it can be a start to motivate new players to stay longer, make TC easier and to make it possible to make this game worth the time and games played.
Last edited by torment; Mar 23, 2021 at 11:10 AM.