Toribash
i no its partly against the rules but....can you give me a step by step (e.g. contract left pec,extend right pec,space) so i can see what needs to happen EXACTLY to make a boom hit cause at the moment i epically phail
thats my "boomhit". its quite simple but hey.
@bilza: try using "E" during a replay.
Attached Files
000teh uber kik.rpl (35.7 KB, 112 views)
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count
Aim is definitely the most essential part in boomhitting, at least it is for me. You can have a kick with tons and tons of force behind it, but if you hit a bad spot you will end up with only one or two dismemberments. Instead, if you tweak the kick so that it hits a more critical area(which might also weaken the kick), you might get a boomhit of three or more easily, instead of the previous two.
Awesome tut, learned a lot of it. Posting(hopefully :P) a boomhit I still have to make in a few hours :P

P.S. You can still throw rocks at me, but only if they are fish flavoured. Thanks in advance :3
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
awesome tutorial, very well explained, and I'm sure it'll prove helpful :P
Former Item Forger
Another tip- it's very hard for a boomhit to be a starting move, especially in multiplayer. Work up to it as a combo so you can get the needed momentum and manipulate the other player / Uke into a position where it has maximum power. To go along with what what Splinter said, grabbing is a big asset when it comes to trying a boomhit. A final tip- aiming at the appendages will close to never merit a boomhit, unless it's the parts highest parts up, like the shoulders (Pecs/Lumbar/Shoulder/Neck are vulnerable) or the thighs (Both the thighs and glutes and the abs are vulnerable). Go for a body shot!

Just adding my 2 cents.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Don't forget to use all the parts of your body to gain momentum. Just because your other arm isn't doing anything doesn't mean that it can't be moved to change your position and give you more leverage.

Also, when shook says that 2/3 to 3/4 of the maximum extension of your knee is optimum at contact, make sure you start your kick early enough to get this much extension. Remember, your bent knee moving towards uke will have force pushing against it, keeping the knee contracted, and there is a small, yet considerable amount of time for it to overcome that force and begin extension.
Since when did I become Asian?
Thanks once again, everyone!

Also, i've been busy sleeping and schooling, but i've added all your tips now. Thanks for your contributions.

Originally Posted by bilza View Post
i no its partly against the rules but....can you give me a step by step (e.g. contract left pec,extend right pec,space) so i can see what needs to happen EXACTLY to make a boom hit cause at the moment i epically phail

Well...
Originally Posted by shook
As i don't really have any direct instructions

Can't. I'll try to devise one though.
Last edited by Shook; Dec 4, 2008 at 04:17 PM.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Here's a boomkick i made yesterday. I was in a wierd position when i kicked him. But if you move the bodyparts in the right way, everthing is possible.
Attached Files
Splinter_Sexy boom.rpl (131.6 KB, 91 views)
Leader of ORMO||Property of [T]||A replay thread