Ranking
Original Post
Lighting/Glow Body Parts

Hello community,

I've been thinking this idea for a few weeks ago and as I've seen no one has said it on a thread. Consist about some body parts glow, for example the fists, feet and maybe inside the textures too.

Details:

Body Parts
The effect may not be like an object or a flame, needs to be attached on the body part, like the textures (but isn't that at all). It's like the inside of tori glows and as its a light, must illuminate the place and the near objects or the opponent. I honestly don't know much how this can be created but I did an illustration of this.

Demo

Lighting on textures
The way this might be possible is to make an special requirement inside the art of the texture. Maybe a pattern or a specific color can be use it to activate the glow in-game.

Demo

Settings:

Intensity
The intensity of the glow shouldn't be changed by users,because if it's able to change it, someone can set the intensity too high and will annoying and may lag. So it would be better and easy if its set to one level for default.

Colors
To change the color can be on the forum's options where you can select them. Each glow might be with a different color.

So this was the idea so far. I'm pretty sure you guys may have some good ideas for this.Thanks for read it, hope you like it.
Last edited by Jodus; Dec 3, 2017 at 10:11 PM.
Originally Posted by Kirakat View Post
Tis a great idea. It'd be like Flame Forge Huh? Where you buy it In game but you can change the RGB and Brightness and whatnot.
But that wouldn't really work for the textures. There'd have to be a way to get around it Like Making Transparent texture where you want the glow to come through and Non-Transparent for Where the texture is.

That could be highly abused though. I could make a Highly glow skin so You wouldn't be able to tell where my tori was.... It'd just be alotta light coming off the tori.

Simple, then you/your glow item just gets banned.
Making a small globe flame which makes you impossible to see both tori's will also get deleted from toribash.

You could also just turn them off if you don't like it.

Don't really know how it should work on textures, the idea of adding it instead of transparacy would be insertable, but then you lose all the cool effects you could make with transparacy.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tis a great idea. It'd be like Flame Forge Huh? Where you buy it In game but you can change the RGB and Brightness and whatnot.
But that wouldn't really work for the textures. There'd have to be a way to get around it Like Making Transparent texture where you want the glow to come through and Non-Transparent for Where the texture is.

That could be highly abused though. I could make a Highly glow skin so You wouldn't be able to tell where my tori was.... It'd just be alotta light coming off the tori.

Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
Simple, then you/your glow item just gets banned.
Making a small globe flame which makes you impossible to see both tori's will also get deleted from toribash.

You could also just turn them off if you don't like it.

Don't really know how it should work on textures, the idea of adding it instead of transparacy would be insertable, but then you lose all the cool effects you could make with transparacy.

First, shouldn't be a flame because really it's not that. It's just illumination, the body parts can become a light/neon parts.
And true, make a high glow body parts might not be good. That can be resolved by making the intensity of the bright on a established level and don't changeable by the user.

And Toxic, thanks!
Last edited by Jodus; Jan 15, 2015 at 10:39 PM.
And for like a hundred k, you should be able to crop it, like if you want to make eyes that glow, and more crap like dat
~SUPPORTED AS MUCH AS I LIKE COWS ( Which is a lot)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Kill them with kindness and bury them with a smile"
God ABD player and masterful Daycare.tbm connoisseur
I did an example of how possibly might be the full neon body parts glowing without textures, only the head has one. It's only with the copper color but, you might make it like a rainbow, each part with a different color maybe.

Full Neon Body Parts

how is this not a thing yet super supported it would be cool if you expanded it to special items emitting light as well, then you could like have street lamps and torches... that would be so awesome for a spar.

like said b4 super supported.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert

I dont think it would be really abused if the textures would cost like 20k-25k each

-snip-

supported anyways

just snipped my self damn
Really good idea here, it would totally make vids amazingly better than before with a mix of balance between the shaders and glowing body parts.

Please implement this.
Modo Bestia
Originally Posted by -Demon View Post
I dont think it would be really abused if the textures would cost like 20k-25k each

-snip-

supported anyways

just snipped my self damn

I guess that its not even needed to do a special texture for this. Just the script or whatever that can make the game detects which part of the textures is the one who will glow. And of course, the user needs to have the "key"(which is the glow body part item) to activate that option.

Originally Posted by nerti View Post
Really good idea here, it would totally make vids amazingly better than before with a mix of balance between the shaders and glowing body parts.

Please implement this.

Yuss, I hope to this be possible.
My opinion probably doesn't count for much. But I thoroughly support this idea. I think that having the inside of the joint glow so that gaps in the texture are shown as light rather than being completely transparent would perhaps be better than having a specific pattern to mark where the light goes.

Either that you you can produce the textures separately (so you just have to mark where the light comes from in a separate texture which comes with the glow item where gaps in it show the texture behind it and anything which isn't transparent glows in the colour you buy, the colour of the pixel used in the texture file would not make a difference to the colour of the light.)
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
My opinion probably doesn't count for much. But I thoroughly support this idea. I think that having the inside of the joint glow so that gaps in the texture are shown as light rather than being completely transparent would perhaps be better than having a specific pattern to mark where the light goes.

Either that you you can produce the textures separately (so you just have to mark where the light comes from in a separate texture which comes with the glow item where gaps in it show the texture behind it and anything which isn't transparent glows in the colour you buy, the colour of the pixel used in the texture file would not make a difference to the colour of the light.)

Yeah, that's great. Textures separately; one for the art, the other one for the glow's patterns. The one with the patterns, might be another type of file, instead of .tga like the normal textures, just to make the difference. But I don't know how might be the uploading process of all that.