Toribash
Original Post
Current Clan League set up
Ok posting this took a lil longer than intended my bad soz. I've had some family + work stuff come up and it was either I post this now or after I come back from a small trip. So now is now and current set up is as follows.

A long held tradition and staple of Toribash arrives.
Get ready for Clan League 2019!

Last year, Alpha achieved their second title in a row. But after the members decided to go their seperate ways, there's now no obvious name at the top of the leader board.
Which of members will be consistent winners? Who will dealing with regrets?

Rules for participation are as follows:

•Anyone found to be in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished with disqualification from the whole event. This includes being in several accounts in one roster
•Failure to complete matches will result in penalties and/or disqualification from the competition.
•Wars must be done via the Clan War system.
•The replays for the KnockOut Stage will have to be uploaded in the Clan League thread (I'm undecided if I'll say the same for the group stages)

Due to the success of it last year, we're using the same League Qualification into Knockout system.

Within your groups you will fight the opposing clans at least once.
The top NUMBER clans per group will advance to the final stage, except for *whatever number i need to make the KO rounds as even as possible.*
This brings X clans down to Y for the final knockout stage.
The final stage will be a standard single elimination, with a reverse gradient seed (Read as: 1st vs 16th, 2nd vs 15th, 3rd vs 14th and so on.)

The rules for the group phase are as follows:

Rules will go here in time \o/

Modlist
Aikidobigdojo.tbm
ErthTKv2.tbm
Boxshumushuv3.tbm
Lenshu3ng.tbm

Group AGroup BGroup CGroup DGroup EGroup FGroup GGroup HGroup I

Challonge Bracket which will be made when needed

•Something mega cool*
•Stuff
•Clan Achievement Trophy
•Shiai Tokens
•Clan EXP
•TC

•Stuff
•Shiai Tokens
•Clan EXP
•TC

•Stuff
•Shiai Tokens
•Clan EXP OR TC

To qualify for prizes you must have played at least ?? games.

We recommend you use discord to organise your matches, you can find a link to the official toribash server here
Feel free to organise matches in your own servers, or however you see fit.

**This is what is currently in place.**

Some questions i expect to be asked so i'll answer them here are:

1) Yes I know the images are broken, I broke them on purpose cause leaving the old art there would cause misunderstandings and I'm not showing the new art early

2)Yes you will see things that aren't locked or defined as numbers/specific details at the moment, this is on purpose cause I haven't started sign ups so I don't know how many clans will be in it.

If you have any questions/comments, this is the time to put em in writing for me to answer.
Last edited by Icky; May 24, 2019 at 10:44 AM.
Ok I’m going to be frank, the picking out a new force color idea or whatever for a prize is kind of lame. Oh boy, can’t wait to see this slightly lighter shade of red. The only way I could see that being cool is if the force was iridescent or holographic. Unfortunately I assume if they was doable through the games engine it would have been done already.

Y’all gotta step up your prize suggestions.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
http://forum.toribash.com/tori_trans...2106&page=2241
for one there was a flame taken off the acc to be used in an event

http://forum.toribash.com/tori_trans...2106&page=1904
tons of items got sent to magicalsack to be given out

and some other situations where i see the item sent to itemdump is in someone elses possession which means it was taken from that account. so i don't see much of an issue of allowing some of the nicer items on the account to be put back into circulation, most players with nice stuff are dead

Ah. Items in item dunp that get moved out are generally for very specific reasons. Most everything that went to magicalsack doesnt count since that was done just to add prize variety.
Your first one has some weight. But those are chosen because they had no owners and were good enough to put an event around. I find it unlikely that most people would be fine with me just choosing things from itemdump that fit all the requirements to be eligible to give out. (Since in reality, there are so few)

Originally Posted by Woeb View Post
something like the stone relax set, but static-y, (see ezalor's tori) would be an interesting thing in terms of items, wouldn't know if you'd consider it a 3d item or relax though

Iirc thats a Kremlin Flyingmonk* set? Possibly workable, but thats also IF and texturing work. It'd certainly mean I could have work started on it prior to CL winners being announced and not end up waiting ages to actually hand out an item. Would the community want something like that?
Last edited by Icky; May 11, 2019 at 11:00 PM.
Oh, hey. I haven’t war’d in a long so I don’t know if any changes have been made or how it works now. If matches are done through the warring system, is their anything to confirm that the proper mods were played and by the right people? Via the warring system I mean, the clans could always just confirm it themselves. Also if the two clans just decide to war while they have CL matches would that end up counting? Want to make sure the method is as idiot proof as possible.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Small update to prizes.

also added the following under the rules:
•Wars must be done via the Clan War system.
•The replays for the KnockOut Stage will have to be uploaded in the Clan League thread (I'm undecided if I'll say the same for the group stages)

@Divine
Firstly, I'd honestly expect clans to kinda police this themselves really since A) it'd delay the whole thing and I'd end up DQing the clan(s) being dumb.

Secondly, I'm 99% sure that most clans will try set up matches anyway, since that's the normal process. I'm not going to say it all has to be done in one go.
I don't mind them using multiple wars to get through it, nor do I mind both clans/players coming forward to let me know that a certain match was played outside of the war via some other circumstances (e.g. another event) and agree that they aren't CL related.

ofc, hit me with questions or comments
Wow, serious discussion goes on here.
Maybe me and my undead idiots should join the CL
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Wars must be done via the Clan War system

TL; DR You should reconsider that.

The CW system lacks clarity and flexibility. It also has some annoying bugs. It just doesn't fit this kind of competitions. A simple confirmation by replays has been working and it'll work now. Don't spread bureaucracy instead of fun. Thanks.
Hassle sir to get a CL specific warring system in the client \o/

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
TL; DR You should reconsider that.

The CW system lacks clarity and flexibility. It also has some annoying bugs. It just doesn't fit this kind of competitions. A simple confirmation by replays has been working and it'll work now. Don't spread bureaucracy instead of fun. Thanks.

What were you using the TL;DR for?

Also, I dunno if Hack was one of the clans that never used it. But weirdly enough, the Clan War system was used a lot in the most recent Clan Leagues. So I want to use it as an actual requirement because I just think enforcing it brings some officiality to the process and the competition.
I believe "Clan Wars" are a core part of what The Clan League is all about.

Granted there are bugs here and there, as with most things. If you/anyone could bring them to my attention with maybe an example or two that would be good. Considering I happened to be around when one got fixed via simply discording Sir, once when it was mentioned.

Also I never said replays wouldn't be wanted, I actually said the exact opposite for the KO rounds at least. A confirmation from the other clan is still applicable considering I've not erased those either?

Spreading "bureaucracy" as you put it isn't a bad thing when it doesn't sacrifice fun. I believe this wouldn't sacrifice any fun, instead I think it would at an extra layer of competitiveness, craftiness, and freedom to clans and how they want to prepare for matches, scout the competition. It also adds a crucial point to the whole thing.

If one of your members happens to meet another clans legible member in a mod somewhere. They'll either fight and it will count, or one will have to quickly vanish, or some other potential shenannigans will happen and I'll have to sort it out only some of them, maybe.

TL:DR If you think about it properly and without being snarky in your response to my posts, you might manage to make some points.
Also, I dunno if Hack was one of the clans that never used it.

We've been using it to get some XP, but never for a real competition.

I just think enforcing it brings some officiality to the process and the competition.

A bureaucracy is all about enforcing unnecessary things to bring unnecessary officiality.

But weirdly enough, the Clan War system was used a lot in the most recent Clan Leagues.

Do you have any proofs on that subject? I took a glimpse at the past thread but found nothing. Instead, I came to conclusion that a lot of clans didn't use it. Anyway, I agree that some people might really want to use it. It's just I don't see any point to enforce it.

I believe "Clan Wars" are a core part of what The Clan League is all about.

Right. The core part is about Clan Wars not dummy automatic system which made too simple to handle such events.

Granted there are bugs here and there, as with most things. If you/anyone could bring them to my attention with maybe an example or two that would be good. Considering I happened to be around when one got fixed via simply discording Sir, once when it was mentioned.

Well, if you wanna talk about technical difficulties... Here a few of them:
1) CW locks are usual. They've been reported. Does it fixed?
2) A stepped selector of rounds only have 3 options. Why don't make it flexible?
3) A 24 hour period for a war that going to last a week at least.
4) War info lacks some valuable information (i.e. mods, timestamps of games)
5) You can't specify players that allowed to play.
6) You can't afford to make a lasting war. There could be occasional encounters and warm-up matches which are will be counted as real ones

Also I never said replays wouldn't be wanted, I actually said the exact opposite for the KO rounds at least. A confirmation from the other clan is still applicable considering I've not erased those either?

The rules in OP post doesn't state any of that clearly enough. I personally don't wanna care about what's been said and what's not. The simpler are rules the better they are.

I believe this wouldn't sacrifice any fun, instead I think it would at an extra layer of competitiveness, craftiness, and freedom to clans and how they want to prepare for matches, scout the competition. It also adds a crucial point to the whole thing.

If one of your members happens to meet another clans legible member in a mod somewhere. They'll either fight and it will count, or one will have to quickly vanish, or some other potential shenannigans will happen and I'll have to sort it out only some of them, maybe.

The title says "The Clan League" not "Hide'n'Seek".
I'm seeing only extra level of troubles here.

If you think about it properly and without being snarky in your response to my posts, you might manage to make some points.

I've made my points. Many fine clans have been suffered enough this year.
Keep things simple. Keep them the same way as they were before.
how dare you get rid of judo frac that is the only mod in this game that requires any skill you heathens
Trying