Joe Satriani
7 Votes / 41.18%
Steve Vai
10 Votes / 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Joe Satriani VS Steve Vai
My friends were having a conversation over who's better.

What do you think?
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
The first thing that came to my mind was John 5, cos I know those two have done collabs with John 5.

The Werewolf of Westeria - John 5 feat. Joe Satriani

Perineum - John 5 feat. Steve Vai

I liked 'The Werewolf of Westeria' better so I'm voting for Joe. It's a pretty crap reasoning but yeah.
Steve Vai is technically better than Satch, in my opinion.
But Satriani has a very good groove in his music.

They're both great, can't decide at all.
Here's an answer: Tell your friends to shut the hell up. They have two very different styles, over which, cannot be compared.

Please, no more musician polls. ffs. There is no actual way of telling which one is actually better because their music doesn't actually reveal all of what they can do. They're both extremely good. Let's leave it at that.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
Drummer. What the hell. I actually think that this is one of the few polls that makes sense. Both are fairly similar neo-classical prog metal guitarists, and share a lot of influences. Their music is fairly similar, and they are fairly similarly skilled. That's the point of a poll. This isn't apples to oranges here, it's more "red delicious" to "granny smith".

Let's think before hopping on the "no more music polls ffs" bandwagon

Ontopic:

I respect Steve Vai more. He seems to be less egotistical, which means a lot in my books.
They arn't similar at all...
You can't compare them
You can't compare any music
As its all opinion.

They are both awesome, leave it at that.
They're both way too proge to be good.
I vote for Ron Asheton.
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
Drummer. What the hell. I actually think that this is one of the few polls that makes sense. Both are fairly similar neo-classical prog metal guitarists, and share a lot of influences. Their music is fairly similar, and they are fairly similarly skilled. That's the point of a poll. This isn't apples to oranges here, it's more "red delicious" to "granny smith".

Let's think before hopping on the "no more music polls ffs" bandwagon

Ontopic:

I respect Steve Vai more. He seems to be less egotistical, which means a lot in my books.

My point is that it's foolish to make a "Musician VS. Musician" thread. Just saying. It gets very annoying.

Originally Posted by DaBandito View Post
They're both way too proge to be good.
I vote for Ron Asheton.

Proge? Say what? Dude, keep the discussion to the two guitarists mentioned, nobody cares about Asheton in here except for you.

I am a fan of Steve Vai a bit more, to be honest.
Last edited by Drummer; May 21, 2009 at 04:45 PM.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.