Toribash
Original Post
[REL]Torisports: Racing
Introducing Torisports: Racing!

Features:

- Multiple Tracks in a variety of formats

- Multiple Vehicles, each possessing a unique set of attributes and visuals

- Intuitive Controls allowing maximum control on the turn and straights

- Flexible Vehicle Design, increasing toughness and adding a new aspect to gameplay

- Fast-paced and brutal

Controls

Abs- Steering "Hold to turn in the same direction at a lower degree/ Relax to go straight"

Wrists Ankles- Motors/Engine

Lumbar- Contorts shape of the car for personal preferences

Grabbing Hands/ 'V'- Emergency Brakes

Use a combination of ab and individual wheel braking and acceleration to turn at any degree.

Additional Information:

Tracks:

Bonus 1: Mountainracebeta.tbm

ETC: 1000 frames
Difficulty: Normal

A beta version of racing uploaded in 3.8 (already uploaded). Race your rival down a treacherous mountain road.

Track 1: Grand Prix

ETC: 900-1200

An introduction race which tests a variety of skills needed in later mods. Race your rival through a series of winding turns in a circuit race. Beware the hairpin curve at the end of the lap.

Track 2: Highway Battle

ETC: 500 Frames
Difficulty: Easy

A drag race testing only driving skills between both participants. Race your rival through a busy highway while avoiding traffic. Can be done in 1 lap or to the finish and back. (oncoming traffic :O)

Track 3: Mountain Chasm

ETC: 1000 Frames (short) 2000 frames (long)

A circuit thoroughly testing your drifting ability. Race your rival through a dangerous mountain chasm with alternate pathways. Choose your path for a long or short race.

Vehicles

F1 Fury (Formula Race Car)

Layout: RWD

Speed: ****
Acceleration: *****
Handling: *

Weight: Light

The first available vehicle. High speed and acceleration makes the car excellent on straights but the low weight and mediocre steering makes braking a must on most turns.

Cobra GT (Tuned Muscle)

Speed: ***
Acceleration: ***
Handling: ***

Weight: Normal

Bonus Vehicle! Moderate Acceleration and Speed allows for fantastic handling on any type of surface. No specialties but a wonderful car if mastered correctly.

Silveria R-Spec (Sports Tuner)

Speed: ***
Acceleration:*****
Handling:****

Weight: Normal

A luxury sports sedan inspired by japanese tuning. This car boasts high speed, acceleration and handling, making it the perfect car for powering through those curves. However the tight suspension and low profile makes turning and jumps dangerous at high speeds.

COMING SOON: Mercenary (SUV/4x4)

Feedback

Be sure to provide feedback and criticism. I will include each vehicle's original mod if you want to create your own custom tracks.

(First number in the modfile indicates the car type, Second number indicates track number)

Additional vehicles and tracks coming soon!
Attached Files
mountainracebeta.tbm (8.1 KB, 167 views)
tsracing11.tbm (7.9 KB, 134 views)
tsracing12.tbm (8.2 KB, 125 views)
formula.tbm (5.2 KB, 128 views)
tsracing13.tbm (8.0 KB, 120 views)
tsracing21.tbm (7.9 KB, 124 views)
tsracing22.tbm (8.2 KB, 122 views)
tsracing23.tbm (8.0 KB, 122 views)
cobragt.tbm (5.2 KB, 118 views)
Last edited by Smilies2; Apr 27, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

I've always loved racing on TB, I'm going to download and play everyone of these. We should totally team up and mod the crap out of tb
I played this with Smilies, and I got to say these are my favorite Racing mods.
Wow, seems really really nice.
Smilies always was the sports mod guy.
Hes great at basket ball
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Smilies2, we gotta test which car is better. Yours, blkk's or mine.

But we need some way to do it....

Also, nice to see some more updates in the racing department.
Today, a new car (The Cobra GT) and a new track (Mountain Chasm) has been added. Heres a picture showing the new car, the new track as well as the new drifting mechanic that I've been testing.

To initiate a drift

1) Slow down if necessary and turn as tight as you can on the turn. (by throwing the wheels on the side of which your turning in reverse)

2) Once the drift has started, throw all the wheels into forward motion and turn in the opposite direction to counter the oversteer.

3) Profit!

Also here's a replay of the new car on track 1. Pretty reliable in some cases.
Attached Files
CobraTrial.rpl (77.9 KB, 30 views)
Last edited by Smilies2; Apr 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM.
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

YES!
Was waiting for this update, gonna play soon :3
Why is there not a org for us street racers?
We should build one asap
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Street racers :S

Anyway, there was a racing org a while back. Not sure what happened to it.

Also, Smilies2: The usual controls on the different cars I guess?