ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Rel] Bedroom spar.
So I've decided to make another mod, this one for sparring. It's a bedroom with a bunk bed, some shelves, a rug, and a few other things.

On a shelf there's a grabbable stick that can be used as a weapon.
On a large block table that can be knocked over, there's a large ball that can be thrown.
Even the pillow on the lower bunk is usable as a weapon.
There's a bar going across the ceiling that you can swing on for some cool martial-artsy stuff.

I tried to sequence it so the walls are seethrough and you can see the contents inside the room. If you have a suggestion for a better way to do the walls, please share. I also tried to give you enough room inside to move the camera and see.

Gravity: 0, 0, -30. No DQ, DM, or Fracture. Grab is on, but for spars, try not to use it unless you're picking up a weapon. 1500 frames.

screenies.

C&C greatly appreciated.
It works on MP. <3

WIP for a second room

here's my sketch. C&C please!

I'm working on a second version with more space and different items. Post suggestions.
Here's Large and Swex tearing up the original. Click here.

There are currently 2 versions of the original room. Use "ars1.tbm" for the same room but with thicker walls- it makes it easier to see inside the room because in the original, you could, very easily, end up outside the walls with your camera. That's not much fun. To get the mod, go ingame, make your own server, type /lm ars1.tbm, and keep tying /reset until you see the mod.
Attached Files
alaroomspar.tbm (2.2 KB, 72 views)
Last edited by Alaistier; Mar 11, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
<3.

I'm glad that my idea was actually made. Love you man.

Got some Screenies for you. They're probably not that good.

Anyway, the mod is pretty good. Not liking the red walls (would prefer if they were a slight grey). Everything else looks pretty cool. Good job man.
Last edited by Marrez; Mar 6, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
beware
the goblin
Wow, I really like it but i'm going to agree with tama, Them red walls are annoying you should make them transparent.
9/10
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
If I make any edits and rerelease, I'll make sure to change the wall color. I love the walls from dojoroom1000.tbm but.. Well, I'm not sure how to do that. They also get derpy in MP until you have the full replay.
I was hoping someone could explain that to me soon. :P
Thanks for the screenies, and if there's anything I should change or add, please let me know.
I love you too. <3
-----
I'm not sure what sort of transparent. I don't want them to be completely invisible; I want at least the edges visible or something like that.
Someone who knows what they're doing, PLEASE explain that to me.
Last edited by Alaistier; Mar 6, 2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Lol a one night stand gone wrong ? I love the mod bud , looks like theres alot of veriety. Its pretty easy to get the walls like dojo room , 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.5 ( good transparentcey) . you can actually get a good transparent objects with any color , just remember the last digit ( 0.5) is the one you want to play with if you want that.

But the way to find an example is to open a certian mod in note pad and take a looksey

8/10
Looks nice, one suggestion. When you're making a room like this, it's better to make the walls really thick so that the camera is inside them when you're against the wall. This means that, A. The wall the camera is inside is not rendered, and B, you can make the walls solid colour. Transparencies don't work the same with or without shaders (without can't see ghosts through them).
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

Alright, Imight try what Clockwork said.
Actions to be taken:
-Thicken the walls considerably.
-Recolor the walls to grey.

Anything else before I start work tomorrow? I believe there's one object left I can use. I can also remove or change an object if there's something you want me to throw in there.
There should be some sort of weapon underneath the pillow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
I could make some sort of broad sword.
Modders, question:
Lets say I want to make a 2 part weapon. The different colors will represent the different objects
==|@@@|
So a thin handle and a wide, rectangular blade.
For the joints, I'd do
env_obj_joint 1 15 16
pos (How do I find where to put this? I don't want my object separating.)

I was thinking put a small ball there, c/p that position, then delete the original ball? Then make the joint invisible. Like.. can I overlap pieces if there's a joint? A quick explanation would be greatly appreciated. Also, should the handle be rectangular or cylindrical since it's not starting in the hand, but rather picked up.
-----
I was thinking I could put one weapon under the pillow/on the bed and change the stick on the shelve into a weapon too. Sound good?
Last edited by Alaistier; Mar 7, 2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I'd definitely say yes to a weapon under the pillow. A nice dagger would be awesome for it.

Other than that, it's coming along awesome.
beware
the goblin