ES Recruitment Drive
Alright: Current game plan:
-Increase room size
-Thicken/solidify walls
-get rid of poles, shelf, table, ball, and stick
(This leaves me with.. 7 objects to work with)
Now I need to know what to do with these final 7 objects.
-----
The problem I'm having with a weapon is grabbing it and the wrist modding: If people don't want to use the weapon, their wrists are going to look derpy. If they do and I don't mod it, it'll be hard to use.
Last edited by Alaistier; Mar 7, 2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Lmao, LOVE the ending. I'll add that to the OP.
So.. Yeah. What kind of shit should I put in the room if I have 7 objects to work with?
I was planning on making the edits now.
-----
So here's my first primary edit.
I changed colors, deleted the optional objects, and greatly increased the room size.
The walls are also thicker and solid, so when you're inside a wall you can see the room. You don't have to worry too much about being outside the wall and not being able to see your ghost.
Let me know how this looks so far and give me some ideas for what I should put where. Thanks.
Attached Files
Alaroomspar2.tbm (1.5 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by Alaistier; Mar 8, 2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Some updates:
ars1.tbm is the first mod (alaroomspar.tbm) with thicker walls. You can play that in MP.
ars2.tbm is the first WIP of improvements (it's the same as Alaroomspar2.tbm, but Alaroomspar2.tbm isn't uploaded yet. I'm saving that name for when I'm actually finished.) This works on MP so you can get a basic feel for the resized room.
I need comments on size and things are around in the room.
So far, I've had snake present the idea of making it into some barracks. I'd rotate the beds so they're flat against the wall instead of pointing into the room, have some tables, bottles, and.. Well, I don't know what else. Bottles are 2 items a piece. I have 7 items to work with.
Throw ideas at me, and I might make many different versions depending on what sounds good to me.
If you could draw some layout ideas, that's EXTREMELY helpful.
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
I could make some sort of broad sword.
Modders, question:
Lets say I want to make a 2 part weapon. The different colors will represent the different objects
==|@@@|
So a thin handle and a wide, rectangular blade.
For the joints, I'd do
env_obj_joint 1 15 16
pos (How do I find where to put this? I don't want my object separating.)

If you still need help with this, if you put it at that first blue line, where the red and the blue meet, that'd be good for the joint. Also, i think you need to have
range 0 -0
in as one of the lines for the joint not to move, I can't remember. Hope that helped =P
<fett175> So what you're saying is, I can type whatever I want here and it will be at the bottom of all my posts?... AWESOME
wow ever thought of making you know some sweet love spar replay
I mean you got 2 toris and one bed thats enough xD
I'm sure if I got bored enough, I could. :3
Here's Daxx and I beating each other around a bit. We used "ars1.tbm"

Also, Thanks fett. How do I know the coordinates of the segment where the blue and red meet?
Attached Files
spar daxx room.rpl (882.1 KB, 18 views)
No probs
If you're using worldbuilder to make this, then all you gotta do is open the mod first, then open worldbuilder. Make a sphere, as small as you can, then just move it over to where the blade and handle meet, but don't place the sphere down. When you got this sphere in the right spot, you just take note of the coordinates at the side panel (Position x, Position y, Position z) and you edit that spot into the spot of the env_obj_joint. So it'd look like this:
env_obj_joint 1 15 16
pos (pos x) (pos y) (pos z)
range 0 -0
And I think that's it, but I may be wrong. It'd connect the blade to the handle without moving (much) and the joint would be invisible unless you want it to be visible then you put
visible 1

Also, I originally learned this a while ago from here, so if you still don't get what I mean you should check it out, it was helpful for me
Last edited by fett175; Mar 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
<fett175> So what you're saying is, I can type whatever I want here and it will be at the bottom of all my posts?... AWESOME
Thanks a whole bunch. <3
Alright, people.
Here's a "sketch" for a second room with an altered layout.
http://imgur.com/mcGnb
Comments appreciated.
Me and gotkicks did a spar in your alaroomspar thingy
Attached Files
Spar vs. Gotkicks2.rpl (193.4 KB, 8 views)
Where does the Earth truly lead me? I continue to wonder.