Ranking
Joints don't have hp. They break (or fracture) if you apply enough force at once, it doesn't stack.
Moreover, points you score don't actually indicate how close to a dismember you are, you can set custom scoring settings in different mods.
Originally Posted by Fluorescence View Post
How long does it take for the joint to regain it's health?

If it gets hit, and doesn't get touched for the rest of the game, will it have reset it's threshold?

Originally Posted by sir View Post
Joints don't have hp. They break (or fracture) if you apply enough force at once, it doesn't stack.

Joints dont have health.
It does stack and they have a damage counter.
Force is converted into damage points, when enough are accumulated, the joint breaks. And yes, it does slowly regenerate by removing points from the damage counter. I just want to know how fast.
-----
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Moreover, points you score don't actually indicate how close to a dismember you are, you can set custom scoring settings in different mods.

If you've ever actually looked in the mod menu, you can set the amount of points you get per point of damage done to any given joint.
Last edited by ThatNnja; Apr 8, 2015 at 06:21 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Why ask when you completely ignore the given answers?

Points you get don't affect dismemberment. You can make a clear DM gaining only the amount of points given for dismembering a joint and you can get hundreds of thousands of points for hitting without a dismemberment.
Last edited by sir; Apr 8, 2015 at 08:48 PM.
"How fast" would be incredibly tricky to find out, because of the "bruise glitch". This glitch prevents bruised joints from becoming white when advancing frame-by-frame, so you can't do an exact measurement. Coincidentally, I recently explained the effects of it on a stream I was doing (here).

I don't know if sir is right here, because I'm 99% sure that bruised joints are easier to dm by some degree. This doesn't mean that you can hit it lightly a bunch of times in quick succession and expect it to break, but I (and others) have noted that they seem to be slightly more fragile. Thinking of a joint as having HP probably isn't very accurate

EDIT: I just made this video to show how the bruise glitch works, Oblivion dug up a replay where it happens

Last edited by Larfen; Apr 8, 2015 at 11:41 PM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Yeah, what I was saying is that joints start at 0, and any time the joint is hit it accumulates damage points. When the amount of damage points on a joint becomes equal to or greater than the dm/frac threshold, the joint gets a dm or a frac.
I don't think that line of thought is entirely correct though. I wouldn't think of it as "damage points" at all.

I'd say, a bruised joint at the most bruised possible has maybe 70% of the resistance to dismemberment as an unbruised joint (i.e. 100 dmt becomes 70 dmt).

A bruise can make a dismemberment easier, but your way of imagining it is too simplistic. Its better to think of bruises as making the dismemberment threshold for the joint in question slightly lower, rather than thinking of them as "damage" like an RPG or something. It still takes a solid hit to break something even after bruising has occurred.
Last edited by Larfen; Apr 9, 2015 at 06:27 AM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
that is not how it works tho, say a wrist 5 points worth of damage each turn, that does not mean when said dm/frac threshold is reached the joint will just up and pop off. it needs to be THIS amount of damage in ONE turn.

EDIT larfen got there before me in greater detail darn.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
It regenerates at a decent speed, I think that it is one point per frame, so to take advantage of bruising your hits would have to be closer together in frames than the dm threshold Is or the joint will have fully regenerated.
-----
Could I have that replay with the bruise glitch?
-----
I just asked on the replay thread if someone could make a replay with two consecutive attacks on the same spot. With it I will be able to test hp regeneration.
-----
I got it! If someone can make me a replay where they hit Uke in the same spot twice, the first time damaging it and the second time dismembering I could calculate if joint hp and regeneration exists. I could use points. I could set all points to 0 except 1 point per point of damage to whatever part of Uke is hit, this would tell me the true total damage the hits do. Then I could use dismemberment threshold to find out the power of the attacks that way. If the dm threshold measurement is smaller, then I could divide the diference by the number of frames between the hits to see how fast the joint health regenerates.

An example would be like thishypothetical situation) there is a replay where Uke gets hit in the lumbar twice, the first hit does not dm and those second one does. The dm threshold is 100. Doing the point calculation, I see that 150 points of damage was done in total (I have 150 points). then I do the dm threshold calculation and see that the second hit can only dm with the dm threshold was at 120. That means that the joint regenerated 30 points of health. Then I count how many frames wre between the hits and viola! It's 30 frames, which means that joints regenerate at 1 point per frame. Now I need to test that for real.
Last edited by ThatNnja; Apr 9, 2015 at 04:28 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump