Ranking
Original Post
The "I can't breathe" movement.
I do not know if i should open this discussion at all. I think everybody who uses internet know about the incident related to George Floyd's death, where an afro-american died because 4 police officers restrained him in such a brutal and barbaric way he wasn't able to breathe (can you even imagine such thing in this era?) . Yes the poor man was accused of using fake bills to pay something, but such barbaric methods should not be used. The next day the local PD from Minneapolis stated the 4 officers will be fired and 2 of them even sentenced to prison for murder. (i'm not sure about this one since i didn't read all the specific details so correct me if i'm wrong) and 2 others charged sums of money.

If i were someone who was passing by idk if i would've been able to just stay there and do nothing while that poor soul was crying for air.
Last edited by azzeffir23; Jun 1, 2020 at 04:34 PM.
I even heard a theory where the whole thing was planned to control the elections.

The officar already had 12 "strikes" and no one kicked him. This is a public execution not just a murder in my opinion. The protests and riots are useless.
This is my opinion
NO TITLE
Hopefully racism will come to an end here. People all over the world are standing up and protesting even here in New Zealand where racism isn't as much of a problem but still exists, especially with police/judicial system against Pacifica/Maori people. Not so much "violence/brutality" but with convictions, second chances etc. Just hoping a lot of the people of colour play their part too, as there are a lot of pasifica/Maori criminals making up the majority of crimes here. We all have to collectively nip this in the bud
I apologise for this post.
Yea, it's important to discuss that, police power abuse is disgusting, i don't live in US, so idk how thing works in US, but the video showed it, that's kinda crazy, like, not in this case, i don't know if people in US do that, but in simillar cases here in my country, i've already seen people questioning those things, like, i remember a really simillar case, where the police suffocated a black guy in the market till his death, and some people in my facebook were asking: well, maybe he did something, maybe that wasn't that bad how people say, like, what?? do you really believe in that stupid fantasy that police is overall a good org? and i also already seen police power abuse in front of me (without physical violence this time) they shout like crazy, to say to people quit or they would arrest everyone, and it was just a party, not a big issue at all. overall they just want to show power and racism
[TANG]Member
RSO Teacher
I'm actually shocked how violent the riots are right now in the USA, i think only in movies and video games i've seen people so mad and fighting police and swat forces. I think everybody understand why people are mad, racism especially in the US needs to stop. We are all souls on this planet, every one of us has rights, our skin color don't make us stronger, more important, or equal to 0. One thing that is more sad is that probably even Trump is a racist fuck who would murder any black dud who does something wrong.
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
black people

Originally Posted by Maya View Post
They can't ignore us any longer. We will block their roads, stand face to face with their officers and beg them not to resort to violence, beg them to reconsider, to rebuild, and to stop the racism. Their response so far has been to gas us and shoot us with rubber bullets, to arrest us and threaten murder.

Change wasn't coming any other way. Some people will argue that we should be patient, that in time things will change for the better. I think this idea is completely ridiculous. Black people are dying to cops all the fucking time and we can't wait patiently as that continues to happen. White inaction is white violence. Many of us are willing to get arrested, seriously injured, or murdered by police in order to help incite change and protect the black folk of this country.

You're like a clown.

sir Moderated Message:
This is an example of a shit post.
All future posts like this will be deleted and infracted (this one only got infracted but would remain visible so you knew how not to act like clowns yourself).
Last edited by sir; Jun 2, 2020 at 02:58 PM.
I'm TC seller pm me
Discord: mellicape
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
I'm actually shocked how violent the riots are right now in the USA, i think only in movies and video games i've seen people so mad and fighting police and swat forces

Eh? There's race riots in America practically every year. St Louis, Charlotte, Baltimore, Oakland, Ferguson etc.
This is far from unprecedented.
Originally Posted by azzeffir23
I think everybody understand why people are mad, racism especially in the US needs to stop.

Bold take.
Originally Posted by JoboMan
Hopefully racism will come to an end here.

Yeah, not gonna happen. It's a part of the human condition. It's an 'othering' thing - 'in-groups/out-groups'. There's always gonna be a certain segment of the population that are scared/malicious/disgusted by the 'other'. Race is a fairly obvious component of personal identity and there are people that define themselves by that. As soon as they've defined themselves like that they've created their in-group. It's all identity. Identity politics and tribal lines.

In an ideal world, everyone identifies themselves as belonging to the 'human' tribe. That's likely never going to happen. The chances of everybody becoming 'enlightened' to this are so low - I don't see how it could happen. We're literally evolutionarily wired to do in/out-grouping, and I don't think everyone is capable of overcoming their basic biology (no matter how much education/tolerance-training we conduct).
-----------------
Given that (seemingly) immutable fact of life, what's the best way to express discontent with the status quo? In a way that actually accomplishes and enacts change? Rioting and property damage isn't the way. Vilifying 'ALL' cops isn't the way.

When people see stores being broken into and shit being set on fire, they think 'wow, look at all these thugs'. It doesn't enhance the message of the protestors (most of whom aren't looting shit), it lessens it. A few bad eggs taint, by association, the rest of the protestors. The bad egg analogy, with the protestors, is also the same with the police. "All cops are bad"? No, some cops are bad. Obviously, we don't want any bad eggs in policing - They are, and should, be held to a higher standard. But the fact remains, not all cops are bad - Some are bad. Just like not all protestors are predatory looters, just some. The message of the protestors is valid - As is the need for policing. When either is conducted wrongly, these base facts get wrongly questioned.

To reiterate - The looters don't represent the protestors and cops who think they're above the law don't represent the entity of policing. They reflect poorly on their respective groups, but they don't define them.

Obviously this is an emotionally charged issue, but it really does annoy me that people are so quick to pull the trigger on the other side - The battlelines are drawn and you better be on one side or the other. They want it to be so simple, one side is good and right and the other is evil and wrong. But it aint.

It's so much more nuanced than 'bleeergh, all cops are bad'. That is such a smooth brain position to hold.
Originally Posted by JoboMan View Post
Hopefully racism will come to an end here. People all over the world are standing up and protesting even here in New Zealand where racism isn't as much of a problem but still exists, especially with police/judicial system against Pacifica/Maori people. Not so much "violence/brutality" but with convictions, second chances etc. Just hoping a lot of the people of colour play their part too, as there are a lot of pasifica/Maori criminals making up the majority of crimes here. We all have to collectively nip this in the bud

Unfortunately, for as long as there are humans of different races, racism will most likely always be a thing. People have brains that tell them "Hey, the guy over there isn't like you, you should give him a hard time.", and there isn't much we can really do to end racism unless we kill every unironically racist person.
-----
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
George Floyd's death, where an afro-american died because 4 police officers restrained him in such a brutal and barbaric way he wasn't able to breathe

IIRC, (If I am wrong I apologize) Only 1 officer was actually restraining him while the others were just watching.
Last edited by piss; Jun 2, 2020 at 07:11 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
Racism definitely won't come to an end from this 'movement' due to many reasons, but one of them being that anyone who has a slightly different opinion gets death threats, that's not how you change someone's mind that's how you make them have a disdain for you. Not to mention my own city gets destroyed every single day. Pretty disgusting what's happening in my opinion
Last edited by McFarbo; Jun 2, 2020 at 07:39 PM.
Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
IIRC, (If I am wrong I apologize) Only 1 officer was actually restraining him while the others were just watching.

i think 3 officers were restraining him while 1 officer was just watching making sure no one would interfere, either way it's still wrong no matter how many officers there were

anyways i dont rly expect any big changes after these protests, its not that easy to make ppl change their minds (like the ppl that are rioting and making it worse/actual racists), i still support the movement and i love the intentions the protesters have, it's just that there are people that are gonna want to ruin it for everyone. news and politcians are just fuel to the fire and make people disagree with each other more imho

i just hope protesters stay safe and i hope local/family business owners stay safe aswell

rip george floyd
Last edited by Berzerk; Jun 2, 2020 at 07:55 PM.