Toribash
Original Post
TORIBASH IDEA - Fall Impact Damage
Toribash needs fall impact damage so when a player slams his opponent to the ground, he actually gains points for it. It'll basically help the gameplay in mods with DQ timeouts. For example, the TPL Grappler Division mod has 50 frames DQ timeout in it. So players can pick up their opponent and slam them on their back, but that doesn't win them the match. Their opponent has 50 frames to get their body part or parts off the ground. If they succeed, that means the match continues and the opponent fighting off the ground still has a chance to win the game.

At this moment, the player who performed the takedown failed to DQ his opponent, but was able to gain hit advantage, probably gain some damage points from small strike during the clinch or the tackdown and that's about it. But I don't think that's enough. If fall impact damage was put into the game, the player who performed the takedown could have gained a decent amount of damage points for succeeding in his move.

Fall impact damage also helps add realism to Toribash. Here's an example of MMA and Wrestling takedowns that might be possible or have been done in Toribash: http://youtu.be/daiuYPmMrlE
There's no reason not to add it into the game. It's certainly not a bad feature.

This feature will increase the realism of Toribash and it will promote the importance of grappling skills. The players will become even stronger, which is something Toribash eSports needs. Players who are extremely well rounded in grappling and striking.

I'd like Fall Impact Damage to be an option in mod maker so modders (myself included) can open new doors in Toribash modding.

*Feel free to build on this idea, guys. But I doubt Hampa will give this idea a go. Too busy working on more important things, i'm sure.*
Learning from the best.