ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Change default chat colors
I am trying to customize the default chat colors in toribash, but I think I'm missing an option in my shader file. I can change the color of server messages, popup messages, and various HUD elements. Generic chat messages seem to be stuck black.

Oddly, if a chat message is 2 lines long, I can change the color of the second line. First is still black for me though.

Running Toribash 3.99 under wine 1.5.6-1 on arch linux (multiarch). If this is a wine-specific problem, I will stfu.

Here is my shader file. I have all the text entries set to 1 1 1 (white):

Shader.inc

Here is a picture of the black text I would like to change.

Found a thread here that says simply loading the inverted.inc will give white text, but I still experience the same issue.

Found a tutorial here for customizing shaders, but I have the same problem with the sample *.inc file.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Issue appears to be a bug. Check out Box's workaround below, and the new thread I posted in the support forum
Attached Images
textcolor.png (6.4 KB, 354 views)
Last edited by FreshTasty; Jul 24, 2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Posted link to bug report in support forums
I think you just do ^## (replace # with actual numbers) and it colors your text
The Official [Evil] Hitman
CashGod | ♫ Joven Dios ♫
Thanks for the quick response Ryder, but I'm looking to change the default color of the text displayed, not color a single line of something I say. Telling everybody I meet to type ^1 before every sentence isn't really an option.
I tested this on my desktop PC running Ubuntu 12.04 and Wine 1.4 (A more stable version) and I have the same problem. However, I also tested it on my laptop loaded with Windows 7, and surprisingly the same problem.

I'm assuming (though I may be wrong) that the problem is the new format text is being displayed in. What you can try to do is download an older client for Windows (one of the versions that used the "Nick: Message" format instead of the "<Nick> Message" format) and patching it assuming your version is newer than 3.32. (If for some reason you want an older client, servers.txt)
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
I think you are dead on Box. I downloaded and patched v3.50, and the chat text turns white using the *.inc file I posted above (although the names appear like ^07<^05Soandso^07> )

I'll post a bug report in the support subforum.

Thanks for the help!
Ah yes, that'd be the reason shader colors don't work properly. Glad that I could help, and honestly I'm surprised this bug was not discovered earlier.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today