Ranking
Original Post
Variable tournies?
I thought this up when I was playing some AW. What if there was a tourney with a voting sytem? There are many fps titles with this multiplayer map picking system already. There could be one of these in a server with a couple of premade mod choices; and majority rules. It seems pretty easy to script, though I have no scripting experience.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
I don't think that would be good in a public room because a bunch of scrubs comes in with his friends and the spam torisex.tbm. But make a voting system too suggest a mod too a op might be more efficient.

Supported
jdawg2001

As he said there would be a few chosen mods to vote on and i dont/hope torisex.tbm would be one of those.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
I think this would be good for 1 or 2 tourney servers, but some tourneys should just be for 1 mod as per usual.
Good morning sweet princess
I didn't think that this would completely replace the pervious tournies. But it would be a good idea seeing as so many people are complaining about their favorite mod being taken out of the rotation.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
I can't see why it would be difficult to script a server so a certain number of people have to vote using a chat command for the mod to change after each tourney other than timing it so it only changes at the end of tourneys people have perhaps a little extra time to vote.
This seems relativley easy. Hell, if fran can make a bot, I'm sure the devs can make a simple one. It would make tourneys a bit more enjoyable personally. I would vote boxshu every time haha.

Supported.
I'm just gamin' man
I think this would make things even worse in the tournies. People would non-stop complain about how they didn't win the choosing. How would people decide a tie? Instead of people, I think the server should randomly pick the mod from a list of mods. That way people can't complain that they lost the chance to play their favorite mod because they had no way to choose the mod. No exploits from farmers on mods either, since they can't get a bunch of friends to vote for one mod because they have no say in the mods.
Clever right? Now when the idea goes 4.93, i'm going to be constantly beat up on by farmers.
Sincerely,
Qukslice
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
I think this would make things even worse in the tournies. People would non-stop complain about how they didn't win the choosing. How would people decide a tie? Instead of people, I think the server should randomly pick the mod from a list of mods. That way people can't complain that they lost the chance to play their favorite mod because they had no way to choose the mod. No exploits from farmers on mods either, since they can't get a bunch of friends to vote for one mod because they have no say in the mods.
Clever right? Now when the idea goes 4.93, i'm going to be constantly beat up on by farmers.
Sincerely,
Qukslice

I assumed that it wouldn't be farming if they weren't using it to get tc or qi unfairly. If people get annoyed because they want to play mods other people don't like as much then they deserve to be annoyed, Having a say in what happens is much better than just random fluke luck where any mod could be chosen regardless of if anyone wants to play it.

I think for a tie it should be either randomised or determined by another vote where the only options are the two leading mods. If there weren't enough votes by the specified time then it might make sense for it to be random. Maybe 3-4 people required to vote since you require 5 for a tourney to start (right?) and you would expect at least 1 person to not bother voting..
Still. You can see a clan like Obey do a server invasion and just constantly picking the mods they want since they have the majority of the people in the server. It's a good idea if you can expand on it some more. Having just tournies as something you can pick the mod for is kind of dumb and also kind of a waste of time and since nobody is really doing a winners picks mod server anymore, being able to pick mods in user made server could just be done by the operator or a bot.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15