Toribash
Original Post
Board Pause
Okay, thought about this one last night, think it's pretty good.

So, last night, some spambot created 17 threads advertising some website in support (the threads are now deleted and the bot is banned).

Anyway, I think it would be helpful for admins of boards (For instance, the admins of this board are Lazors, HolyButler, 2WC, Cheshyre, Butler153) to have a sort of 'pause' button for their board.

If some user is spamming really hard or something, then an admin can pause the board, preventing new threads from being created until the board is unpaused.

If a spambot does something like create a bunch of spam threads, then they can be stopped with a simple board pause. While the board is paused, the admin can ban the user and delete the threads.

This would also be useful in clan boards; if the admin notices some sort of fight going on between members of a clan, they can pause the board to prevent meaningless arguments cluttering their thread.

Anyway, just an idea for preventing spambots doing what they do best.
Boerhae, making a glorious return!
Originally Posted by Boerhae View Post
Okay, thought about this one last night, think it's pretty good.

So, last night, some spambot created 17 threads advertising some website in support (the threads are now deleted and the bot is banned).

Anyway, I think it would be helpful for admins of boards (For instance, the admins of this board are Lazors, HolyButler, 2WC, Cheshyre, Butler153) to have a sort of 'pause' button for their board.

If some user is spamming really hard or something, then an admin can pause the board, preventing new threads from being created until the board is unpaused.

If a spambot does something like create a bunch of spam threads, then they can be stopped with a simple board pause. While the board is paused, the admin can ban the user and delete the threads.

This would also be useful in clan boards; if the admin notices some sort of fight going on between members of a clan, they can pause the board to prevent meaningless arguments cluttering their thread.

Anyway, just an idea for preventing spambots doing what they do best.

Or you cant create a new thread from the same IP within say 1 hour of the last thread, within support and beginner sanctuary ofc
What's the point of pausing the board when admin could just ban user/ip and then delete the posts in the same amount of time. It's not like pausing the board will really do anything other then inconvinience others for a short amount of time and then it goes away.
And then the spammer just gets a new ip and moves to a different board.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
i know this sounds tedious as hell but maybe a captcha code system for when a new threads created would be a better way of reducing these bot's
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019
It's already possible to 'pause' a board. The same way as closing a thread. Good idea, but already a thing.
Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
What's the point of pausing the board when admin could just ban user/ip

admins don't do ip bans, also this seems way to trivial vs just banning and deleting threads.
pacquiao
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
admins don't do ip bans, also this seems way to trivial vs just banning and deleting threads.

We do IP bans actually, not on regular basis though.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
We do IP bans actually, not on regular basis though.

*cough* Speak for yourself ¬_¬

Annoyingly these spambots are rather quick at hopping IP so cockblocking them doesn't work sadfaec etc.
Thankfully the lmods in affected areas are relatively quick at dealing with them, and as there are only a handful of places accounts with 0QI can post it's contained somewhat

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I think this holds some value to it, It would be very difficult to implement though. And for those people who spend 1 hr typing up a tutorial, just to have their text wiped through a 'board pause'.