Toribash
Original Post
Tyler's Art Pipeline
Heyo everyone!
Even though I am very inactive/dead, I still like to browse the Art thread to see some new artists and textures.
Sadly in the last few months I feel like the Artists slowly went more and more inactive.
This is why I decided to make this detailed post about how I approached sets, by dissecting the absolution set I made in 2019 as a commission.

EDIT:
Just finished another commision, which I find interesting to show, as I used some different techniques on that as well.
So I cleaned the thread up a little and would still welcome feedback or other workflows

"Hella screwed up ToribashTextures preview"

"ABSOLUTION"

"War"

That's it from me for now
If there's need for anything else, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Again, this thread is for sharing knowledge with others to hopefully help someone. If you have another workflow or think I do something terribly wrong, please correct me

UPDATE Khorne Warrior:

Khorne Warrior

Last edited by tyler112; May 27, 2022 at 10:03 PM. Reason: update with new set
0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
Thank you for blessing us with this thread. As always, completely outstanding!
'War' is amazing, it gives me vibes of a set I used to own by Vitiek, mainly because of the huge amount of small details. Check all the cool 3D work done around the torso

Originally Posted by McFarbo View Post
'War' is amazing, it gives me vibes of a set I used to own by Vitiek, mainly because of the huge amount of small details. Check all the cool 3D work done around the torso

"Set"

Yeah that set is awesome ! I love it when you can look at a set from many different angles and still find something new ^^
Vitiek used to do some speedpaints on youtube, and back then I was always stunned by his work
While I usually always use some filters/texture overlays in my textures, his signature move was to almost exclusively use a hard brush, which I found amazing ^^

Thanks Jewww, melrose and moonwolf
Last edited by tyler112; Mar 10, 2021 at 12:22 PM.
0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
Absolutely love "War" great job! very in depth thread.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Stunning works, I love the insight, really helps understand all the effort behind each hurdle in the set making process. I like how everyone has their own way of doing it.