Ranking
Original Post
Variable Dojo Size
I would like to see the implication of a dojo that can change size over the course of a game, shrinking in particular.

The dojo could shrink X units for every 100 frames, maybe only occurring after a certain number of frames and stopping at a certain dojo size. This could allow hosts to set up game rules or make future mods that allow for a larger number of turn frames without having to worry about stalemates or inexperienced players being separated and not having the skills to get back to each other. The addition of this feature to the game could have a significant impact on strategy as the turn frames come to a close.

For example in an aikido based mod or any other mod with a dojo, players would also need to fight for positioning in the center of the dojo, not just dqing their opponent or pushing them out. It could also be effective for forcing players to continue fighting to the end, instead of some instances where a player may have a point lead and flee to the edges of the dojo late in the game to escape their opponent. I think having the option to force players to continue to fighting until the end by corralling them into the center via threat of disqualification could add more excitement to the game.

There could also be an effect where the dojo line changes colors to signify that the dojo is going to/ is shrinking.

As for implementing it into the game rules there could be a variable dojo box to check and then there would be setting such as initial dojo size, final dojo size, variation start frame, variation end frame, and maybe color change yes/no.

I don't have any programming experience, but I have seen this feature in many other games, so while I don't know about the difficulty I know it is possible.

Experience

Yep, ser Bagle is the one who inspired me to create Shrinkido ! (Latest version's name)

Here's the mod for whomever is interested.

Also, since we're making a google doc with a list of all suggestions condensed, I'll make sure to add something about dojos too !
Sounds like a cool idea, I'll take a note!
collect snots from the nose