Ranking
Zaarock is right. Those prices are outrageous, and the renders don't even look that spectacular anyways. The only part I like is the glass joints and such, but I'm damn near close to achieving that on my own.
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Zaarock is right. Those prices are outrageous, and the renders don't even look that spectacular anyways. The only part I like is the glass joints and such, but I'm damn near close to achieving that on my own.

You don't like it, you don't buy it. I'm not forcing anyone to buy anything from me.

Also, former 200 k bid has been cancelled, on the grounds of him being an idiotic bug abuser.
Most people could replicate that .inc in a few hours (or less), for free..
Even if you never used POV-Ray before, read the documentation for like an hour and you got it :P
Originally Posted by claxor View Post
Most people could replicate that .inc in a few hours (or less), for free..
Even if you never used POV-Ray before, read the documentation for like an hour and you got it :P

Riiiight.

Replicate it? Hardly. This isn't something you can do so fast. I know POV-Ray myself. If I had a few days to waste, I could probably do something similar. But from the light-bending to the positioning of the text, and the textures, it's not something you can do in a few hours or less.

Nonetheless, prices will be lowered soon enough.
Sorry for the double-post, but...prices have been lowered. I shaved a 0 off each price, so if you say they're still too expensive, I'll...do something nasty...
Originally Posted by SSJokker View Post
Riiiight.

Replicate it? Hardly. This isn't something you can do so fast. I know POV-Ray myself. If I had a few days to waste, I could probably do something similar. But from the light-bending to the positioning of the text, and the textures, it's not something you can do in a few hours or less.

Nonetheless, prices will be lowered soon enough.

I say you can. Tell me the hard part, please, I have yet to find it.
Originally Posted by claxor View Post
I say you can. Tell me the hard part, please, I have yet to find it.

Light-bending. Positioning of the text. Shadowing. Textures. Simply setting everything up will take 3 hours, if you have everything you need memorised and only need to write it and organise it.

Seriously, if you have a problem with my shop don't post. We can solve this in PM even...

Now, any people who actually want to buy?
Just to clarify on the time it takes to make the .inc with POV-Ray:

I have been using POV-Ray since July 2006 (so I know it quite well - as many people will be able to confirm) and the original trophy.inc took about 2 and a half days to create, it then took just over another 5 hours to turn it into trophy2.inc

Don't say you can create it in a few hours. I have a talent for this stuff and have been using POV-Ray for almost a year, yet it still took me just under 3 days to create.
I has a flavour
I'm sorry, but I still have to stick to what I said earlier.

I will shut up now though, sorry for spamming your thread.