Toribash
Original Post
official clan incentive?
i'm seeing lots of officials clans that are nearly dead, and lots have been caught out in the new activity checks.

i notice that lots of new clans are extremely active, then they reach official, stay active for a month or two than the clan slowly starts disbanding and getting less active

i believe this is because the clan has achieved their goal, and they don't really have anything to work towards after they've reached officialness

i understand that clans are meant for a group of people to be able to communicate, but i don't really think this alone is a good enough incentive to keep clans active ec.

what are you thoughts? do you think there should be a change in the clan system?
I think the clan system is fine, people get better and move to better clans or leave because of internal reasons. It's not the system it's the people, at least that's what I think.
Maybe some bias because I currently am in an official clan,
But having a board isn't much, but then again, what else could you do?
Providing TC or items would make people create clans just for those items, then kill the clan
Or making some sort of item for each official clan would take alot of time.
Not sure, maybe if the Team Speak idea gets made, maybe a room for each official
clan? that is assuming the Team Speak idea gets accepted.
Originally Posted by imaslayaa View Post
Maybe some bias because I currently am in an official clan,
But having a board isn't much, but then again, what else could you do?
Providing TC or items would make people create clans just for those items, then kill the clan
Or making some sort of item for each official clan would take alot of time.
Not sure, maybe if the Team Speak idea gets made, maybe a room for each official
clan? that is assuming the Team Speak idea gets accepted.

Maybe a non-tradeable item that can only be activated if you're in an official clan. And possibly the clan leader can even change the texture of it to customize it for the whole clan, so different clans have different textures. The texture would cost a fair bit of TC though, considering it's giving everyone in said clan a free texture. Maybe 100k for a 128 and 250k for a 512, desregarding 256 because nobody uses it.
Originally Posted by Augans View Post
Maybe a non-tradeable item that can only be activated if you're in an official clan. And possibly the clan leader can even change the texture of it to customize it for the whole clan, so different clans have different textures. The texture would cost a fair bit of TC though, considering it's giving everyone in said clan a free texture. Maybe 100k for a 128 and 250k for a 512, desregarding 256 because nobody uses it.

This could be used for official clans that haven't failed in activity a year since they originally get official, just as extra encouragement to stick together and stay active, understand where I'm coming from?
Maybe for members that are there for that long in an official clan, not the whole clan.
I always believed that to keep official clans active we need regular clan events with clan tops and so on, part of them being obligatory for a clan in order to stay official. With the current system getting an official status is almost the only thing a clan can achieve, after that there isn't much to get apart from just getting good players in and playing while spamming on their board from time to time.
I hate the way clan wars were implemented because this automated system ruined wars. I remember old good clan wars which were basically duels and they were awesome in terms of both organizing as a clan leader and playing as a fighter - and this will never be possible to achieve with auto clan wars we have now unless clans agree to play that way. Organizing such clan wars between clans on official level could not only keep them active but also provide people with entertainment with all the twitch / Steam streaming available.
I also remember having ideas about clan achievements at the time current clans system was being implemented in 2011 or so but most of them are now forgotten / underdeveloped. Though anyway, having achievements displayed on your Clans page would be kind of cool.
I'm not sure if TeamSpeak could help because all clans got skype confos / IRC channels, but perhaps for some of them that'll also work, why not.
I think not only official clans, but the majority of clans are in-active is because there is 1 clan event a year, clan league. Clans seem more like a status thing.
True.
For an unofficial clan, their goal is to reach official (at least its main goal); for an official clan, there's not much to do more than get members, use the boards and maybe get a high war win ratio.
There needs to be more events to actually encourage official clans to stay around, such as tournaments like the Clan League.
And, as sir said, having this war system discourages the duel war system which make things more serious and more interesting with streaming websites.
Modo Bestia
In my opinion, clans should be picked a tad more carefully to become official. This might sound crazy, but a clan isn't really that great unless they are alive for about a year, but then again, very few clans would become official and clan stuffing would drop. It couldddd rise... ...more people would join already official clans. :P The system just could be better.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.