Ranking
Original Post
Improved boxing mod
the same boxing mod but with a little gameplay changes.1 - ropes destroying you no more.
2 - wrist hits no more ( full arm actually ).
3 - smaller boxing ring so no more chasing your opponent.
4 - slightly higher fracture threshold.
the current mod is awesome but somethings are annoying hopefully we can replace it with this one.
tell me what do you think.
Attached Files
rtbedit_wip1.tbm (9.3 KB, 80 views)
Overall good changes that I think most of the rtb players can get behind
More defensive options, less time wasted if you get sent in a direction by momentum,
and no more rope destruction! This was important.
Good job Majed!
Originally Posted by konono View Post
Overall good changes that I think most of the rtb players can get behind
More defensive options, less time wasted if you get sent in a direction by momentum,
and no more rope destruction! This was important.
Good job Majed!

thank you i appreciate your kind words, also thank you for testing it encouraged me to keep going with it, considering the low chance of it getting somewhere.
Originally Posted by odranoel18 View Post
look cool!

I never liked the old boxing mod

i hope you would like this one, i can host a room if you want to try.
tl dr; appart from the changes to the ropes, realtoriboxingmw2 didn't need to be fixed because it was never broken.

Ok, so... I'm gonna be 100% honest right now, and this is a HOT TAKE! I think the original 'realtoriboxingmw2.tbm' was mostly perfect as it was (apart from the change that nerfed the killer ropes, which me and most boxers appreciate lots).

It is very easy to fracture joints if places under too much stress; damage, strikes, force, or demanding movements usually result in a fracture. So, this mod gives you a strong incentive you to use correct structure, avoid joint stress, and fight with the clear goal of gaining points. Kicks (very slow and fairly easy to counter) and backhands are already frowned upon and torneys have already outright banned kicking and backhanding.
'Minimize incoming damage and maximize outgoing damage' - I constantly changed my fighting style in every single way with this goal in mind. Everything from blocking entirely with the gloves/hands to avoid damage to the tori, learning how kicking mechanics worked and figuring out ways to defend against kicking, and different ways to move and strike. I saw problems like wrist damage and kicking and overcame them and discovered solutions for them.
Personally, I find it underwhelming when people would rather turn off features like fractures because they find it too hard. I feel this is because being a 'boxing' mod there are a lot of preconceptions of what is suppose to happen. Here is the harsh reality: this is a mod within a video game, where the range and limitations of movement are greatly less than what you can do in real life. For instance, each joint the Tori has can be in four states: relax, hold, contract, extend. Compared to the human body which has a vast amount of bones, joints, muscles and muscle groups can move in complicated ranges and motions with extreme accuracy. Yes, people can mimic life and make things similar or inspired like sparring and parkour, but they succeed despite of this not because of the limitations (easy thing you can try right now is to rotate/spin your hand around in a 360 degree circle. the point being is that your Tori is not even physically able to do this movement).

I hope these ramblings have made some sense, I think I included most of what I wanted to say.

hope you are all good today
Cheers, go well!
Originally Posted by bongbuster View Post
tl dr; appart from the changes to the ropes, realtoriboxingmw2 didn't need to be fixed because it was never broken.

Ok, so... I'm gonna be 100% honest right now, and this is a HOT TAKE! I think the original 'realtoriboxingmw2.tbm' was mostly perfect as it was (apart from the change that nerfed the killer ropes, which me and most boxers appreciate lots).

It is very easy to fracture joints if places under too much stress; damage, strikes, force, or demanding movements usually result in a fracture. So, this mod gives you a strong incentive you to use correct structure, avoid joint stress, and fight with the clear goal of gaining points. Kicks (very slow and fairly easy to counter) and backhands are already frowned upon and torneys have already outright banned kicking and backhanding.
'Minimize incoming damage and maximize outgoing damage' - I constantly changed my fighting style in every single way with this goal in mind. Everything from blocking entirely with the gloves/hands to avoid damage to the tori, learning how kicking mechanics worked and figuring out ways to defend against kicking, and different ways to move and strike. I saw problems like wrist damage and kicking and overcame them and discovered solutions for them.
Personally, I find it underwhelming when people would rather turn off features like fractures because they find it too hard. I feel this is because being a 'boxing' mod there are a lot of preconceptions of what is suppose to happen. Here is the harsh reality: this is a mod within a video game, where the range and limitations of movement are greatly less than what you can do in real life. For instance, each joint the Tori has can be in four states: relax, hold, contract, extend. Compared to the human body which has a vast amount of bones, joints, muscles and muscle groups can move in complicated ranges and motions with extreme accuracy. Yes, people can mimic life and make things similar or inspired like sparring and parkour, but they succeed despite of this not because of the limitations (easy thing you can try right now is to rotate/spin your hand around in a 360 degree circle. the point being is that your Tori is not even physically able to do this movement).

I hope these ramblings have made some sense, I think I included most of what I wanted to say.

hope you are all good today
Cheers, go well!

thank you for commenting, all around good points and i admit i find fractures an annoyance and they potentially ruine fights so i rather not have them honestly but i understand your point of view.

realtoriboxingmw2.tbm remains on top.

i hope you have a good day sir.